Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GotBored

eBay Console Band-wagoners.

6 posts in this topic

Its seems that both the PS4 and Xbox One has been so popular that they are sold out just about everywhere, but a lot of these sales are attributed to people buying several consoles to own one and sell the rest at a profit on online auction sites like eBay.

I saw today a few consoles which sold at retail price on eBay Australia. And I wouldn't be surprised if after Christmas comes and goes that these console will be selling at a loss.

(100's of eBay listed consoles already plus the abundance of unwanted gifts after Christmas)

So I urge anyone considering being ripped of by one these bang-wagoners looking to make a quick profit to wait a few days, you might save a few bucks. :)

I think it is disgusting. They're like ticket touts.

I hope they some sell at a loss.

1 person likes this

I think it is disgusting. They're like ticket touts.

I hope they some sell at a loss.

They just did! :) I bought a PS4 at retail price so after eBay fees they are down about $50 (Australian Prices).

I probably should've waited after Christmas and picked up one for bit less, but am happy with RRP price for a brand new PS4 (brand new - sealed).

If anyone else in Aus is waiting for the PS4, Sony is giving Australia a large shipment early January and it will cover all pre-orders and even have a few thousand in stock for people to walk into store and purchase.

Or you can try eBay (or other online retailers) and get one at RRP now or wait a few days and it might even be less than RRP.

I really think the % of overall sales from people who have purchased multiple console to sell one or more at a profit would be in a pretty small damn minority.  Whilst I have no doubt its occurring for both, the 600+ PS4 give away via pizza hut would no doubt account for some of the % of those being sold as well. 

I would like to be outraged at this but the truth is its all supply and demand, the history and market signs were all there that these consoles - particularly the ps4 - was going to be in short supply, if you wanted one before xmas you had a lot of time to pre-order to ensure that occurred.  Just like a lot of things in life now the choice is between exercising patience or paying a premium for it.  fwiw big w is doing pre-orders for jan for $530 something.

On the flipside, consumers need to be more patient and look around a bit more. I work in an electronics store and we've literally had an Xbox One on the shelf for over a week and nobody bought it. We were selling it at the RRP and it was right there to take home. :p Bizarre.

Well it's been over a month since these consoles went on sale, so supply shouldn't be limited anymore.

It's only realistic to make a profit on re-selling things during the first week or two of the product being on sale.