XBOX One + XBMC + XBMC second Screen AMAZING!

Hmm... it's nice but still requires a second device.  I think I prefer the MediaBrowser3 solution with IE better.

You can do this with Youtube on a Xbox 360 with a Android device. I can't see any reason why this couldn't work with a Android device unless Microsoft prevents it to sell more Windows 8 tablets.

i wish i could get this to work on iOS device. Can't get it to work! :(

Unfortunately Apple prefers to make their own standards instead of using existing fully workng standards that everyone else uses.

Though I believe there are iOS video players who support their own built in DLNA play to.

Yeah this is an intermediary solution so essentially...

The guy has a media server, the surface pro 2 is connecting to the media server via xbmc second screen (the benefit here is you get access to your entire xbmc library and media management, vastly better than anything available in the default window video app), the surface pro 2 is then pushing it to the Xbox1 which is connected to the tv and you get the display on the tv.

If he had a networked DLNA compliant tv he could cut out the middle man and wouldn't need the xbox1.

I'm not sure I get this.. is XBMC installed on another device and are you using the remote app on your surface to control it?

It's installed on another device. The app won't work with XBMC installation's on the same machine.

I do like this way though but I don't have a second device I can use. (Got Xbox One and Surface Pro, nothing more.) Does anyone know if XBMC will work if I do this in a virtual machine? This might be the solution for me or I must buy a cheap computer with a big HDD..

Ok got the remote working with this...

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/xbmc-commander-free/id514020731?mt=8

and it plays on the xbox one! super awesome only problem I don't know how to change the DEFAULT PLAYER to the xbox one instead of my computer. anyone know?

Have you tried the different XBMC apps that are listed on the bottom of the page you listed?  Maybe the one you installed doesn't do it but another will.

It's installed on another device. The app won't work with XBMC installation's on the same machine.

I do like this way though but I don't have a second device I can use. (Got Xbox One and Surface Pro, nothing more.) Does anyone know if XBMC will work if I do this in a virtual machine? This might be the solution for me or I must buy a cheap computer with a big HDD..

If you look at the youtube video he has a surface pro.  Thats what he is using lol.  I would recomend that app he is using.

Have you tried the different XBMC apps that are listed on the bottom of the page you listed?  Maybe the one you installed doesn't do it but another will.

no, It was 1am and I had to go to sleep lol. but will deft work on it tomorrow and new years

no, It was 1am and I had to go to sleep lol. but will deft work on it tomorrow and new years

Quitter... :P

Any DLNA app can do this, the XB1 supports it just fine with the Play To option.   Xbox Music and Video should work the same way as well.  They'll just need to update the XB1 to add support for connecting to your devices via either network shares or the default media server system and then you won't really need a 3rd party app unless you want to play some files like mkv or flac that I'm pretty sure the native XB1 apps won't play locally.  So you'll have to stream/transcode from your PC.

The cool thing that I learned with this (that I didn't know, and it probably will work with my 360 as well) is using an Windows 8 device, if I go to IE (either version) and open up ANY flash video and full screen it, you can use the charms to play to the Xbox One. If it's not full screen it won't work (through the testing I've done, it may show an image, or it won't be able to show anything). Very useful if you are streaming something.