Alien: Isolation unveiled as survival horror with roots in 1979 film

I got this game from GameFly yesterday, have not checked it out yet, plan to this weekend when I can put some time into it. Hoping it is as creepy as people are claiming.

Such a beautiful game. Creative Assembly have done Ridley Scott's masterpiece full justice and paid Giger great homage with the Xenomorpoh.

It runs beautifully at 3440x1440 and looks amazing, even more so once you unlock the XML graphical additions.

I am 16 hours into the main campaign and it's been steady progress, not once felt bored or anything. The ambience is gloiriously detailed with sights and sounds all over. I played and recorded my first go at the Last Survivor DLC last night, see what you think!

That DLC is on STEAM now for ?2.79, it's 20 odd mins long but very tense and wlel worth it for fans of the movie.

I picked the game up on X1 and it's pretty awesome, they nailed the look/feel from the movies dead on (Y) I've only played maybe an hour now because had to send my X1 in for repairs (it's barely a week old too). I miss the old days when consoles were built like a rock and just worked no matter what...depending how long it takes to get it back (and whether MS actually fix it) I might be tempted to grab it on PC too, how is the PC version anyway? is it decent? or a crappy console port?

I picked the game up on X1 and it's pretty awesome, they nailed the look/feel from the movies dead on (Y) I've only played maybe an hour now because had to send my X1 in for repairs (it's barely a week old too). I miss the old days when consoles were built like a rock and just worked no matter what...depending how long it takes to get it back (and whether MS actually fix it) I might be tempted to grab it on PC too, how is the PC version anyway? is it decent? or a crappy console port?

The PC version looks and feels better than the console version J

Creative Assembly are friends of the PC platform though and have been making custom engines for it in their games for many years. Isolation runs amazing even on low end hardware and visually it even looks great on lowest settings, not that you?ll need to drop to the lowest :p

Have a look on the STEAM forum or even my other video where I link to the PC tweak guide where you can enable higher resolution shadows and reflections without any performance hit, it?s worth it.

Edit*

Tweak link: http://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/2iysz0/you_can_unlock_and_enable_additional_graphical/

• Like 3