flash firefox

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 OP +techbeck

techbeck

It's not that I am lazy, it's that I just don't care

• Tech Issues Solved: 11

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:26

it's good to set Flash to "ask to activate" anyhow - it will make browsing faster and significantly reduce CPU load.

What I did and just always remember/allow certain sites.

#17 Marshall

Marshall

▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅

• Tech Issues Solved: 7

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:32

Well, I found the culprit....apparently running Skype with elevated privileges is what causes this bug. I had User account control turned off (everything is run as Admin.)  I turned it back on and Skype and youtube/flash can now coexist.

#18 +BudMan

BudMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 100
  • OS: Win7, Vista, 2k3, 2k8, XP, Linux, FreeBSD, OSX, etc. etc.

Posted 28 January 2014 - 14:09

"I had User account control turned off (everything is run as Admin.)"

For what possible reason I have to ask - is the OP doing the same thing? Why people Why??

If you run your box in configuration that it was not designed to run in, then its quite possible you can run into issues that nobody else is going to have seen.

For future reference - need to make it a sticky somewhere I think.. If you have turned off UAC, and you are having an issue that should be right at the top of your post before you even report you have a problem.

If you have disabled service X because you didn't think the OS needed it and you wanted to tweak your machine for the best possible what I have no idea, that also should be listed and what you turned off and why for starters.. Other then you read it somewhere ;)

I would also suggest that if you have done such things, that you UNDO them before you even post a thread that you having a problem ;)

Not saying you can not tweak a bit, just that you need to fully understand the possible ramifications, and what exactly a service for example does before you disable it. And should be documented so you know what you have done and can undo it or atleast let someone know that you did it while they try and help you solve your problem.

example - couple of services I have disabled, I have a flipcam - which I rarely use the software with, so I disabled its 2 stupid services it runs for the software to work. So I know that before I run that software I have to enable those services. I don't use homegroups so those services are off, this for one removes the homegroup listing in the explorer navigation tab. I have the computer browse service disabled, because I don't want this machine to be or participate in computer browser elections. I have another machine that is my master browser so that service is of no use.

Sorry to ramble -- just this sort of thing just gets my goat sometimes ;)

#19 OP +techbeck

techbeck

It's not that I am lazy, it's that I just don't care

• Tech Issues Solved: 11

Posted 06 March 2014 - 16:47

Ok, started having this issue again and I think I finally figured it out...

1) Removed Firefox and Flash

2) Deleted Mozilla folder under users\appdata\local

3) Deleted prefetch data from c:\windows\prefetch

4) Run CCLEANER

5) Reboot

Then I reinstalled FF and Flash, and so far so good.  Been running for a couple days so far and no lockups/freezes in FF while playing flash videos. 

If I have more issues, I will post back here.