I'm not a long time Thief fan like some, so my expectations aren't very high, but there's a lot of 7's there from "good" reviewers. The hardest to please giving the low scores as usual.

It's the Kotaku review that's depressing as opposed to any figure based score, makes it sound like a real development hell hash.

I wanted to get this game at launch but after reading reviews I'm a little disappointed. Probably one where I wait until the price drops massively. Shame I was looking forward to a stealth game, haven't played a decent one since the first three games in the Splinter Cell franchise. 

If I had a dollar for every time I've enjoyed a game that reviewers didn't give high scores to i'd be rich already.

I usually don't put much faith in reviews if I like the gameplay videos and previews. In this instance the more I saw the worse it looked and I was hoping that the reviews might give it some hope :/

I'm disappointed that it doesn't ship with TrueAudio. I'm dying to try it out.

Other than that, don't really care about the thief series. Only played the first one long time ago and wasn't a fan.

Chalk this one up as another failure of reducing a pc game down to the Lowest common denominator like invisible war. The rope arrows are a massive disappointment unlike in thief 2 where you could get clever and quickly swoop up and down to grab the masks without touching the floor.

• Like 1

Much worse then expected.   Stealth part is best, and there is not enough of it.   Climbing mechanics just plain suck. It got boring after one hour.  Some very good parts too... but not enough to keep you fully interested.

Definitely not recommend at full price.

Dishonored actually was much more interesting stealth game overall.   

Friend of mine just got it for Xbox One. Said he is loving it. Though he said he is having some issues with the controls, he says the game is aces.

First PC patch released on Steam:

• Fix for a crash after loading a new game or benchmark, often seen on Intel GPU hardware.
  • Fix for DOF issue when peeking through keyholes.
  • Fix for stereoscopic 3D inconsistencies in option menus. Forces VSync to be ON and Triple Buffering to be OFF.
  • Fix for a bug where ?Invert mouse X/Y? would not be saved.
  • Minor UI improvements.
  • Optimized memory usage.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=141833

• Like 1

Just checked the game out for about 90 minutes (give or take) on the PS4. Thankfully I rented it from GameFly. I'll be sending it back tomorrow morning first thing. I have zero interest in continuing.

The simplest way to put it is the game might have been good if it was released 5 years ago. And even then it might have been good. In fact I think it is several steps back for the series. I played the original Thief games, and they were such a superior experience compared to what this game is.

It is so stale and full of so many cliche mechanics it is actually pretty sad.

Opening countless drawers to find loot. The classic pick the lock mechanic is as standard as it has ever been.

The enemy AI is a joke. Truly too many negative aspects about the AI to even begin trying to nitpick it.
It just feels like a truly bootleg game. Just really bad and nothing new whatsoever, and the standards it does do, it does them poorly at best. Really quite laughable at worst. 
SOOOOOO glad I rented this. I would have been very mad at myself if I somehow purchased it at full price.

And oh yeah one last thing, it runs like absolute ass. Frame rate is awful. 

• Like 1

Thanks much for all the feedback here...had a hunch wouldn't like it because not a fan of stealth, but looks like the issues with this one are more than that. Canceled my pre-order...may pick it up when it's on sale, gotta spend money wisely these days.

Potential Spoiler?

When it comes to playing games like Thief (Rebooted) I am pretty on par and normally find everything throughout the level. Well it turned out that I missed loads of loot and decided on starting afresh again. One thing I did miss was this daring pickpocket right under the nose of a guard with a lantern by the gates. To say that I was nearly kacking myself is an understatement. I don?t think that I have ever been so nervous in a game. "Potential Spoiler?" When it comes to playing games like Thief (Rebooted) I am pretty on par and normally find everything throughout the level. Well it turned out that I missed loads of loot and decided on starting afresh again. One thing I did miss was this daring pickpocket right under the nose of a guard with a lantern by the gates. The shadows and lighting is just awesome in this game.Although, thanks to NVIDIA and the 700 Series it's just mind blowing realistic shadows. :huh:

post-154786-0-43611900-1393882328.jpg

Friend of mine just got it for Xbox One. Said he is loving it. Though he said he is having some issues with the controls, he says the game is aces.

Aggregates are around 60-70% I believe - not too bad :) Many will enjoy it.

I've been playing it for the past 3-4 days, I like it, the stealth is what I looked for going in so I'm not disappointed.   I've put almost 20hrs into it so far trying to find as much as I can, and considering the $22 I paid for it I'd say I'm getting my moneys worth.