Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kalkal

Simple personal finance software for Windows

7 posts in this topic

Hi'yall

I'm looking for some software (preferably free!) for Windows that is for simply planning incomings and outgoings, maybe with a few graphs and stuff to make it easy to see what can be cut back if you know what I mean.

I think the defacto used to be quicken, but even that would be overkill (don't even know if it's still going, still not free either way)

Thanks for your advice, 

Mark.

If youe have Excel you can usually fine something out on the internet that you can use (something someone has already set up), or set something up on your own. . .Good Luck either way.. . . :)

I agree with the above suggestion of www.mint.com.  It's wonderful, free and now have a Windows 8 app in the app store.

I like the look of mint but it isn't apparently available in the UK.

A search for the app on the app store brought up some interesting alternatives though, hadn't even considered using a modern ui app!

I guess an excel spreadsheet would be the best option but I want something quick and simple, that's just too much hassle :P

Mint doesn't work in the UK.

A spreadsheet is probably your best bet. reddit.com/r/personalfinance has loads of spreadsheets on the right side of their main page to get you started. They're all in dollars, but they should be easy enough to adapt for yourself.

Alternatively, Gnucash is a bit more involved (you'll probably have to read the manual to begin with, I did), but much more powerful. Definitely worth checking out.

Isn't this http://www.moneydashboard.com/ the UK version of mint?  Didn't notice the UK before posting sorry.