Adblock for Windows Tablet?

So I bought a Dell Venue 8 Pro this weekend (loving it so far).

I was wondering what a good system wide adblock would be good to use. I'd like it to work on the metro side as well

I'd prefer a free app but i'm not against paying if it's worth it

admuncher for system-wide

i tried admuncher. either i'm missing something that needs configured or it doesn't seem to work on windows 8

Still a bit rough around the edges but try good ol' ABP.

does it work with the metro/modern version as well? my main goal is to be able to block ads in metro apps (IE modern included)

does it work with the metro/modern version as well? my main goal is to be able to block ads in metro apps (IE modern included)

Looks like my update was too late. For IE Modern you can use the EasyList TPL. For Metro apps a hosts file block (there are lots of sites offering lists) will of course work. Beyond that I don't know. Used Proxomitron back in the day but the author stopped updating it ages ago and then passed away. I think the community was still updating it but whether it works in Win8 I have no idea.

Edit: You'll need to exclude the hosts file in Defender if you're going to go down that route, otherwise its system file protection will kick in and it will reset all changes.

Still a bit rough around the edges but try good ol' ABP. Won't work in IE Metro though unfortunately.

Avoid this like the plague.

It a jury rigged, half las'ed, attempt.

It uses Chromes JS engine internally and supports IE6.

Avoid this like the plague.

It a jury rigged, half las'ed, attempt.

It uses Chromes JS engine internally and supports IE6.

Seems to support everything from IE6 onwards till IE11 Desktop? Do you have an alternative?