how to cope with 4 months baby?

I have a 4 months baby.

As a father, I don't have a lot to interact with him.I can sing and make funny moves.But he can't even sit.

I am curious what you do/did with your babies when they were that young?

Most fathers bond with their children over a pint. As it's not appropriate to give alcohol to an infant have you thought about sharing a milkshake?

When my daughter was that young it was a lot of just holding her on my chest while i did things. She really like it when I would play games that had a lot of flashing and color changes and noises. So FPS games were awesome for that. Just lay there with her on my chest while i played. I found out pretty quick that she liked humming more than signing. And once we bought her a swing *they have to be able to hold up their head first or they could get hurt* i would put her in the swing next to me while i played games on my computer. At this point she was just content to be able to sit there and see me.

Well, fatherhood was forced onto me, my wife had a son from a previous relationship.

You'll make mistakes, just like we all do, there's not much more you'll need than patience and understanding.

At 4 months, your child just needs contact and interaction. Don't worry about having some sort of elaborate routine or you'll end up overwhelmed.

Seriously, enjoy the time and the company, before you know it, you'll be spending the rest of your life telling the child to sit down and shut up. :p

Also congrats on your new addition to your family, four months ago :)

For me it was all trial and error

• Like 1

when my son was 4 months.. I would put him in his chair.. I can't remember what it was called but it forced him to sit.  I would give him balls to play with (big ones).  He also had a play mat that I would lay him on and lay beside him. I also tried to feed him as much as possible.  He wouldn't eat a lot but it was just that bonding time.  The first year is pretty meh.. but after that.. it's crazy to watch how fast they change.  My son is almost 3 years no.. and it still amazes me how far he has come in such a short time.

One thing to remember is that you are building things at this time. So even though you may not get any feedback, you are still laying the ground work for future interactions. For example, I used to read to my kids and felt kind of silly reading to someone that can't even talk, but because i started that early and continued, reading is a big part of my interactions with my kids. Even now, a big punishment for the kids is for me to not read before they go to bed. basically you should be spending time with them as much as you can. 

I started "teaching" when my daughter was 1 week old. We would go to the grocery store and I would hold a ketchup bottle and say red, mustard, and say yellow, as she got a bit older I'd say ketchup, etc. I also sat with her starting at 1 month old with Google Images section and typed in random animals and such. She's 2 and I pull up a picture of the Milky Way and she immediately says Muckle Yay. 

Lots of great answers/ideas already.  I have a 2.5 year old and an 8 month old.  While there is not much "to do" with a 4 month old, any interaction/communication you provide helps stimulate him/her.  Even at 4 months old you should bond as much as you can with your baby just to keep up with mommy (you cant .. lol).  Most babies will learn by mimic, so you should always talk, repeat, show as much as you can.  Time will start moving very quick and you will wonder when the heck did they start walking and talking..

• Like 1