• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Denis W.

Denis W.

The True North!

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 27 March 2014 - 17:55

According to this: http://news.xbox.com...utation-feature it will be smart enough to know it is being abused.

I wonder if the algorithm will also realize a single person is running around reporting bad rep for a lot of people and dock their reputation.

#17 Andrew

Andrew

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 27 March 2014 - 18:17

I wonder if the algorithm will also realize a single person is running around reporting bad rep for a lot of people and dock their reputation.

Now that I'd like to see (Y)

#18 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 27 March 2014 - 18:22

It's not going to stop them but the more naming and shaming that can get done, the better - People are in love with their online handles so a nice big "this person is a dick" label attached to a username is brilliant  (Y)

Sony need to copy this.

And MS, here you go, don't hold back

xbox-reputation.jpg

Watch the Last Leg by any chance? :p

#19 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 27 March 2014 - 19:19

I wonder if the algorithm will also realize a single person is running around reporting bad rep for a lot of people and dock their reputation.

Most likely , the system should detect it. It's just a matter of wether their system is set up to report it, which I suspect it is, most likely this will lead to a monitoring of the player rather than a direct action by the system though to verify.

Since it's easy to detect, but unlike groups trolling a good player or someone they don't like, it's not as easy to verify automatically if it's what's happening. After all people generally don't give good reports only bad reports so most people could be detected there, but malicious use/trolling should be easier to detect and be flagged for manual monitoring/verification.