Photo

Landmark (EQNext adjunct/dev tool) Closed Beta Easy Entry?

landmark sony online entertainment forgelight engine everquest next beta nvidia pc mmo

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 16 May 2014 - 15:03

If you have an interest in Landmark (the adjunct to the forthcoming EverQuest Next F2P MMO) that is also in closed beta, there actually IS an easy way to get in; just own an NVidia GeForce GPU.

I'm not talking something like Watch_Dogs (pack-in title with new GeForce GTX GPUs) - this deal is for any GeForce GPU that is supported by GeForce Experience.  (That alone goes all the way back to GeForce 5xx, as my GTX550Ti - which is three years dead - qualifies for this deal.)

You can jump on the offer via linkage on the GeForce homepage, Facebook page, or from within the GeForce Experience installer/updater.

#2 +_Alexander

_Alexander

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia 521

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:23

What is Landmark?

#3 OP PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 May 2014 - 20:54

What is Landmark?

Landmark is a devtool adjunct to forthcoming free-to-play MMO EverQuest Next; it is the same tool used by EQNext developers to build structures in the game.  And, like EQNext, Landmark will be free.

#4 +_Alexander

_Alexander

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia 521

Posted 17 May 2014 - 21:51

Landmark is a devtool adjunct to forthcoming free-to-play MMO EverQuest Next; it is the same tool used by EQNext developers to build structures in the game.  And, like EQNext, Landmark will be free.

Ah, I will pass then. I can't stand playing games where the word is static and unchangeable.

#5 OP PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 May 2014 - 17:06

Ah, I will pass then. I can't stand playing games where the word is static and unchangeable.

Unlike the previous games in the series, the world IS destructible (as are the structures) - Landmark is basically a sandbox for both creation AND destruction - like most developer tools in that aspect.  The homepage for Landmark shows what other testers have done with it (and includes user-created walkthroughs so you can do it yourself).  And considering it's free, what do you lose - except time?

#6 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 18 May 2014 - 20:36

Time is your most precious commodity ;)