Photo

iOS 8 Thread

ios 8 ios poll

82 replies to this topic

Poll: iOS 8 Thread

What do you think of iOS 8?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#76 wivelden

wivelden

Neowinian

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:33

For me when it rebooted to do a reset all settings the progress bar hardly moved before it froze. After a hard reset using the home and power button it progressed to about half way before it froze again. Any attempt after that yielded the same results. Im just glad its not my phone that was playing up and that it IS a bug in the software.

#77 dipsylalapo

dipsylalapo

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:03

I'm having exactly the same issues, the strange thing is that a lot of people are saying that resetting all settings solves most of their problems so it seems to be an issue only affecting select phones. 

I've waited around half an hour with no movement :( Ah well, just hope I can successfully restore it. 

#78 wivelden

wivelden

Neowinian

Posted 23 June 2014 - 13:17

Yea I had to restore mine as there was no way around the stuck boot reset. I did restore 8 again just incase it was a bad ipsw file or flaky install but it still turned out the same. Guess we will have to wait till beta 3...

#79 Kriz

Kriz

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 23 June 2014 - 23:46

Im having the same message crashes

#80 dipsylalapo

dipsylalapo

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 25 June 2014 - 13:44

Beta 2, has gotten more unstable the more I use it. Best bet is to revert back to 7.1.1 or live with the issues until beta 3 (hopefully next week)

Another bug that I found was when deleting photos. They seem to disappear from the Photos app but stay on the device. I removed all pics from stream and gallery and it still showed 1.9GB of space used. 

Also full size contact pics are back, but glitchy. :D

#81 Hurricane Andrew

Hurricane Andrew

Neowinian

• Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 25 June 2014 - 13:57

On my iPod touch I've been experiencing random freezes in several iOS as well as third party apps.  Much more so than I experienced in Beta 1.  Not as many outright crashes, but the freezes are perhaps even more annoying than the crashes were, given their frequency and duration.

#82 Kriz

Kriz

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:56

Downgraded to 7.1.1 last week, seems absolute flawless compared - Looking to move away from the iPhone anyway so doubt ill get to utilise iOS8 as much as i have this version.. Bored of the sight of it, it needs a complete overhaul

#83 ady199

ady199

Neowinian

Posted 18 July 2014 - 15:57

Work fantastic on my iPad MIni - I've heard that IOS 8 Beta 4 will be released on Monday 21st July