Photo

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

official middle-earth: shadow of mordor monolith productions lithtech jupiter ex pc ps3 ps4 xbox 360 xbox one

42 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• 25,094 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 22:25

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - E3 2014 Gravewalker CG Trailer

Published on 5 Jun 2014

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor has received a new cinematic trailer, ahead of more reveals at E3.

#2 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,824 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 22:28

Even though this is an Assassins Creed clone right down to the animations used I'm still looking forward to it.

#3 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,383 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:56

Even though this is an Assassins Creed clone right down to the animations used I'm still looking forward to it.

I just finished Assassins Creed 3 not long before getting this.  This is certainly similar but I'm having a hell of a lot more fun in it.

Rock on.  Guess AC4 can wait.

#4 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,383 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:04

Hard to believe this game has a mode for 6GB graphics cards o.O

perhaps I shall buy one

#5 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 36,351 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 16:14

Picking this up on PS4, definitely a "sleeper hit".

Even if the new AC game is good, getting annoyed at Ubisoft pumping the hell out of them. A new setting with visceral gore? Yup I'll give it a go. I love a bit of gore.

From what I've read 900p on XB1, 1080p on PS4.

#6 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• 4,933 posts
  • Phone: HTC One (Home) Lumia 1020 (Work)

Posted 02 October 2014 - 16:18

A new setting with visceral gore? Yup I'll give it a go. I love a bit of gore.
 From what I've read 900p on XB1, 1080p on PS4.

Playing the PC version of it (up to 4K if your system has the muscle for it), it's a blast.. familiar mechanics but an excellent presentation and a lot of fun. Fairly juicy at times too.

#7 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,383 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 18:14

I'd have bought the X1 version but I don't actually have the X1 yet heh.  I don't even have a 3GB card yet for the next step up o.o

#8 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• 4,889 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:35

This definitely a sleeper hit considering destiny being around.

I'm going to pock this up soon. It looks like they have taken elements of AC and the Arkham games for movement and combat, but not in a cheap way. It looks well done. Plus, the whole system of working to break down the orc hierarchy looks great.

#9 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,383 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:16

This definitely a sleeper hit considering destiny being around.

Especially since I literally have nothing I can complain about.  From what I gather people aren't saying the same about Destiny.

I like Monolith, but when I see Middle Earth I generally yawn these days.  This was one hell of a surprise.  :)

#10 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,117 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 03 October 2014 - 13:45

Pretty kick ass game so far. I played about 90 minutes last night, and only really wound up doing the first two campaign missions. The rest of the time was spent going around getting used to the mechanics and leveling up by taking out random enemies. I am pretty sure the whole nemesis system will be copied by other open world games at some point, it is a really novel take on the enemy AI.

The only negative thing I can say is right now the combat is a tad to easy, but I am sure that is the game just letting it be easy for now.

I died within about 5 minutes when I first started the game, and I have not died since, and I have taken on a group of at least 15 enemies at once including a captain. Once you get the blocking down, which will be pretty quick, combat is very easy. Again though, I am sure that is going to change and I am just fighting very low level enemies right now.

Really very surprised by the whole game. I am not a huge LOtR person, so I am pretty much judging the game on whether it is a good video game or not, and so far so good.

#11 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 36,351 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 15:43

Pretty kick ass game so far. I played about 90 minutes last night, and only really wound up doing the first two campaign missions. The rest of the time was spent going around getting used to the mechanics and leveling up by taking out random enemies. I am pretty sure the whole nemesis system will be copied by other open world games at some point, it is a really novel take on the enemy AI.

The only negative thing I can say is right now the combat is a tad to easy, but I am sure that is the game just letting it be easy for now.

I died within about 5 minutes when I first started the game, and I have not died since, and I have taken on a group of at least 15 enemies at once including a captain. Once you get the blocking down, which will be pretty quick, combat is very easy. Again though, I am sure that is going to change and I am just fighting very low level enemies right now.

Really very surprised by the whole game. I am not a huge LOtR person, so I am pretty much judging the game on whether it is a good video game or not, and so far so good.

Awesome, I trust your opinion DL as you're the most impartial gamer I know lol.

My copy should be here soon.

#12 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,117 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 03 October 2014 - 21:41

Awesome, I trust your opinion DL as you're the most impartial gamer I know lol.

My copy should be here soon.

Thanks AB, it is much appreciated that you say that as I have always tried my best over the years to just tell it like it is. I know some people here believe that means anti MS, which is not the case at all, I just am not shy in criticizing them when I feel it is justified to do so. 

Enjoy the game when you get it. (Y)

#13 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,383 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 21:49

The combat does get harder as they introduce more enemy types down the road.  I've been playing quite some time and still haven't managed to take out more than one Warchief.

#14 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 36,351 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:41

Got my copy, time to get playing :)

#15 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 36,351 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:37

That was a good intro! No messing about there to set the tone \m/

I love games that make minimal, but good usage of the DS4 speaker. Don't know why but I think Sony using a decent quality speaker on the DS4 does add to the immersion at times.