Lynx Point and Haswell Refresh

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Resident Misanthrope

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 06 June 2014 - 14:08

Having a bit of trouble here with Asus B85M-G (rev. 1.01) and the "new" Core i5-4460. More precisely, two such boards and two such CPUs. Updated both boards to v908, v904 and v905, in that order, using Pentium G3430, but swap it out for H-R and it simply doesn't work - there's no signal from built-in or discrete video, no beeps. Generally they don't POST.

Both CPUs work with Asrock B85M-HDS (v1.30, supports H-R from the factory). All three boards work with aforementioned Pentium G.

Anyone got any ideas, experience? I mean, it's doubtful that anyone reading has got this exact setup, but just generally - getting Haswell Refresh to work on Lynx Point?

I think every manufacturer went ahead and said - yeah, they'll work, just update BIOS. That was the case with Cougar Point and Ivy Bridge and I never had any hiccups.

I mean, it's right there on the damn support list and there's been two more BIOS updates. Could it be that Asus drop the ball so hard?

#2 Jason S.

Jason S.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 09 June 2014 - 14:06

im not familiar w/ Lynx Point.

also, you flashed the BIOS from 908, to 904, to 905? is that just a typo?

#3 OP +Phouchg

Phouchg

Resident Misanthrope

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 09 June 2014 - 14:51

It had 705 from factory. Before even starting the build I looked up the support list, which says "since 904". I just took the latest - 908.

When it didn't work, I went and tried previous versions that should have supported H-R, namely 904 and 905, in hopes that some mystery bug might have creeped in 908.

Anyway, had no choice, but to solve the problem using i5-4440 instead, to get the build out of the door.

Leaves a sour taste...