unreal tournament 2004 epic games cliff bleszinski unreal engine 2.5 pc

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 26 June 2014 - 00:10

So I found my old "Unreal Anthology" DVD and extracted UT2k4 off it, found a copy of the Linux patch that provides native Linux executable files, so now I'm playing probably one of my favorite games of all time again.  Anybody on here still play UT2k4?

#2 vetRadishTM

RadishTM

Neowinian

Posted 26 June 2014 - 00:14

UT99 over here (Y)

#3 virtorio

virtorio

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 15
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 26 June 2014 - 00:47

I reinstall it every now and then but it seems everyone still playing are too far away from me (too much latency).

#4 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 13 years on Neowin

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:40

The community is now dead, unfortunately :(

#5 elenarie

elenarie

Newbie .NET / game dev

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Lumia 920 Yellow

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:43

Not really. But expect things to pick up once again with the new UT which will supposedly be free.

#6 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:02

The community is now dead, unfortunately :(

Eh, no it's not. Certainly not as many people are playing it anymore. But there are always quite a few players on at any given time. Compared to recent games that were released and have online mp, and 3 people playing, that's saying something.

And hey, one of my favorite servers is still up for the game. It's running Invasion, totally customized with tons of Unreal monsters and monsters from movies etc, all custom sounds and skins etc etc. Great mod/TC and great server after all these years. And my stats are still up there!

#7 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 13 years on Neowin

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:05

Eh, no it's not. Certainly not as many people are playing it anymore. But there are always quite a few players on at any given time. Compared to recent games that were released and have online mp, and 3 people playing, that's saying something.

And hey, one of my favorite servers is still up for the game. It's running Invasion, totally customized with tons of Unreal monsters and monsters from movies etc, all custom sounds and skins etc etc. Great mod/TC and great server after all these years. And my stats are still up there!

IP? :D

#8 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:08

Heh sure thing. Just remember there is ALOT to download the first time you connect, so have patience with that one. And because it's such a modded game type and server, sometimes there are lag "sputter" here and there. Sadly the guy(s) doing the server and mods have been trying to fix it for years and haven't been able to. Anyways, here is the IP: 204.11.33.157:7777 (it's called the Monster Madness RPG server)