• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 ACTIONpack

ACTIONpack

Graphic Designer

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile)

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:12

What do you guys think of my new website? I have interviews and my site was way pass do for a new look. Not all my work is on there but there is enough to show what I can do.

Www.imagraphicdesigner.com

Www.imagraphicdesigner.com/p.HTML -- old site

#2 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:14

The old site shows a 404 and according to your new website, you're a "draphic designer". Looks nice though

#3 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:16

I really like it. I'm about to start developing my own so seeing this gives me a lot of inspiration.

Couple of pointers from me. The carousel at the top could do with right and left buttons. I love the click and drag for scrolling, but it's not too obvious and not really that user friendly. Also, the effects and JS work in general is really nice, in some parts like on the work section it was really causing my beefy work PC to crawl a little which isn't nice. 

Other than that, nice job.

#4 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:21

Only thing I would change is your lack of shirt >.<

I just think it's a bit.. odd? for a business site.

You never see pictures of shirtless execs around a conference table in stock photos :p

Other than that, it looks great :)

#5 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 15

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:27

I like the site, but again it needs to be pointed out that you need to proof read your work:

I am confident that my combination of practical work experience and solid educational experience.

That what? I assume you mean that you are confident in your level of practical experience and educational experience?

My participation in a diversity of past projects, both as a team member and as a leader, has thought me the value of teamwork and that success depends of all team member’s actions.

Taught.

It's a tiny litte thing, I admit, but if you're going to be providing this as an example of your level of work then it should be checked.

Also, on the main page your "About me" button goes no where. Instead you need to go to the menu and select the "about me" option there.

#6 +InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: OnePlus One

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:35

As others have said i like the design, i would however put a shirt on... doesn't really give a professional image to be honest.

#7 +DrJens

DrJens

Neowinian

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:54

Site is looking good! Photos... well...

#8 goodbytes

goodbytes

Just below average Joe

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:55

The, what i can only assume is a naked picture of yourself, needs to go.

draphic designer?

'take the plunge' - not sure if this is the right wording.. is it a plunge? i'd associate this sentence with doing something after some hesititation.

'understand the different between pixels to dots?' - I don't understand this even if it was spelled correctly, and i'm a designer myself.. even if it made sense i don't think your clients will care, they are hiring you because they don't understand it.

Underneath it has a button called 'tools' which does nothing.. assuming it will lead to a page what tools you use, again i don't think your clients will care.

"I am confident that my combination of practical work experience and solid educational experience." ..confident that what?

Completely remove your skills on the about page - this is one of the worst trends i've seen on personal design portfolios... you have 90% experience with Photoshop, huh? Well i just visited another portfolio and that guy has 97% experience with Photoshop - cya! .. only 30% jQuery? why would you list this at all, anyone who needs jQuery will surely find someone else.

Over all the site is nice and you've done some great work but the content needs fixing before you go live with this.

#9 +Seahorsepip

Seahorsepip

http://seapip.com

• Tech Issues Solved: 23
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 07 July 2014 - 16:45

The picture is a bit disturbing like this LOL

Other then that the menubar animation might look cooler if it animated based on the scroll position instead of time.

The scrollbar does not fit, make it lighter or just use the system scrollbar, you can also consider putting a transparent ios like scrollbar on top of the content.

The work page looks like a bomb just has been detonated :/ add a different color to each tile image as overlay to clean it up and/or also some better padding/margins.

Haven't had time to look at the other pages.

#10 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

Posted 07 July 2014 - 16:47

+1 on the shirt, but simply put, remove that photo, it's your personal presentation, not a pr0n blog.

#11 +devHead

devHead

Get Off The Bandwagon, Put Down The Handbook

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 521

Posted 07 July 2014 - 17:05

What's a draphic designer?  Is that on purpose, or is it supposed to be graphic?

#12 OP ACTIONpack

ACTIONpack

Graphic Designer

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile)

Posted 07 July 2014 - 18:10

The old site shows a 404 and according to your new website, you're a "draphic designer". Looks nice though

http://www.imagraphi...ner.com/p.html 

The html was cap and should not be.

#13 goodbytes

goodbytes

Just below average Joe

Posted 07 July 2014 - 18:34

The old site is better, it's easier to navigate, faster and straight to the point... it highlights the work you have done and some of your skills. job done. The design isn't great but pretty much like it better than your new design.

Also it looks like you are putting your home address on there, i'd remove that as well. it doesn't look professional but thats ok, as your mainly internet based you don't need a physical address.. i don't list any addresses on my site.

#14 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

Posted 07 July 2014 - 18:36

http://www.imagraphi...ner.com/p.html 

The html was cap and should not be.

still get:

404 NOT FOUND.

INTERESTED? GET IN TOUCH
ABOUT ME

I have more than 10 years of print or web development experience. I am confident that my combination of practical work experience and solid educational experience. My background and professional approach to business will provide your office with a highly productive graphic designer.

FROM THE JOURNAL
GET IN TO

#15 +i11usive

i11usive

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Galaxy S5

Posted 07 July 2014 - 18:41

Wordpress site ... all well and good .. but .........