6 posts in this topic

Behold, the fastest flash drive on the planet !    450MB/sec read- 360MB/sec write !!

If some of you are like me & make a flash drive bootable using a multiboot ISO utility - where you can run any # of bootable programs - you will like this.  Even if you just need to share, make a backup, transfer to another system, etc - this thing is amazing.

I cant stand using typical USB2 and the el cheapo USB3 flash drives - mind-numbingly slow -

A great price IMHO - I have the Sandisk Extreme 64GB (was the fastest) and I will be giving that to someone, as I am ordering this thing today.

post-508501-0-90480700-1405368182.jpg

Corsair's Web Page

Good price depends on how you measure? I can get a 2.5" 240GB SSD at the same price (Crucial M500 or MX100)... which I can then pop into a cheap USB 3.0 HDD adapter. Of course, not as compact.

Previously I put a 128GB SSD inside a Zalman ZM-VE300 USB case, that can mount ISOs stored on the disk as virtual CD drives, and VHDs as virtual USB disks. Same use as you: for running multiple bootable stuff, but done in hardware instead! Unfortunately I think it does not support UASP, so speeds are not as good (and TRIM doesn't work over USB BOT, I think).

1 person likes this

Good price depends on how you measure? I can get a 2.5" 240GB SSD at the same price (Crucial M500 or MX100)... which I can then pop into a cheap USB 3.0 HDD adapter. Of course, not as compact.

Previously I put a 128GB SSD inside a Zalman ZM-VE300 USB case, that can mount ISOs stored on the disk as virtual CD drives, and VHDs as virtual USB disks. Same use as you: for running multiple bootable stuff, but done in hardware instead! Unfortunately I think it does not support UASP, so speeds are not as good (and TRIM doesn't work over USB BOT, I think).

You're right, one can always get a SATA/USB3 adapter & pop in an SSD.  I have a disc jockey w/ USB3 - but this is much more elegant - I just wish it was black & orange

Do any USB drives use UAS ?  I do wonder how much of a factor no TRIM is.  That is something I have never thought about.

You're right, one can always get a SATA/USB3 adapter & pop in an SSD.  I have a disc jockey w/ USB3 - but this is much more elegant - I just wish it was black & orange

Do any USB drives use UAS ?  I do wonder how much of a factor no TRIM is.  That is something I have never thought about.

DataTraveler Workspace has TRIM and SMART and Windows To GO id like to see a Corsair Windows To Go drive

That's really fast. I have a Sandisk Extreme USB 3.0 64 GB drive I got a while back, and it is really fast. $40 shipped, and 268 MB/s seq. read, and 213 MB/s seq. write. Good enough. These days I have become cheap - if it's USB 3.0, high capacity, and faster than 100-150 MB/s, I'm happy. Also very happy that I no longer have a computer that doesn't have USB 3.0 ports. Going back to USB 2.0 is so frustrating, it'd be like using a HDD (before SSD's). 

Hello,

MyDigitalSSD offers a USB 3.0 to mSATA adapter which supports UAS. 

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky