Colon signs with Angels

Bartolo Colon today agreed to a 4 yr/$48 million deal with the Anaheim Angels. The angels are apparently looking to get back to their world series form from 2 years ago.

Former Minnesota Twins closer signed with the Seattle Mariners today, and is expected to be a set-up man.

Now for the kicker: the braves lets greg maddux go sunday. today, he picks up John Thompson to replace him. John thompson. who the **** is john thompson??? 2 years/$7m for someone that pitched for texas. jesus, if texas doesnt want him, i sure as hell dont... dammit.

Edited by CatnipOligarthy

Greg Maddux is definitely not the pitcher he used to be and was probably overpaid last year at close to $14mil. There is no way the Braves can bring him back for anything close to what he's asking because he's nowhere close to where he thinks he is.

Now, I agree about John Thompson, but Leo's done more with less so I'm sure by midseason he'll have atleast a half dozen wins with a sub 4 era.

Oh, I know those...I was just talking about the John Thompson, Eddie Guardado, or Colon?

Because Colon technically doesn't fall into the same category as the others since he was brought up by the Indians.

I am feeling really old right now. I had no idea this person was a real player. I thought...colon...butt joke....WRONG!!