nascar

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 Raa

Raa

Resident president

• 12,750 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 23:56

I don't see why anyone would get out of a car and start walking on a racing track, that's madness...

#32 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,462 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 00:16

Here's what I took away from watching this video, in response to some of the comments I've seen claiming that Stewart hit the gas or swerved toward him.

1) His engine didn't rev to hit him on purpose, it sounds more like a down-shift.  I don't believe those dirt track cars have brakes, so down-shifting at the last second would have been the best way to try and slow down.

2) The car veered "after" he hit the guy, when his body got caught in the tires.  He did not veer to intentionally hit the guy.

At the end of the day, a 17 year old kid who felt like he had something to prove got out of his car and walked out into the middle of the track.  I'm not saying he deserved to die, but he shouldn't have walked out into the middle of the track.

#33 giantpotato

giantpotato

Neowinian Senior

• 3,138 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 00:41

Here's what I took away from watching this video, in response to some of the comments I've seen claiming that Stewart hit the gas or swerved toward him.

1) His engine didn't rev to hit him on purpose, it sounds more like a down-shift.  I don't believe those dirt track cars have brakes, so down-shifting at the last second would have been the best way to try and slow down.

2) The car veered "after" he hit the guy, when his body got caught in the tires.  He did not veer to intentionally hit the guy.

At the end of the day, a 17 year old kid who felt like he had something to prove got out of his car and walked out into the middle of the track.  I'm not saying he deserved to die, but he shouldn't have walked out into the middle of the track.

The engine rev you and everyone else is hearing is not Tony Stewarts car. It's from a car closer to camera, off-screen. The mic is not going to pick up any sounds from across the track.

#34 Nogib

Nogib

Neowinian

• 609 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 00:50

If people want to do dumb things and commit suicide they shouldn't drag other drivers into it.

#35 wakjak

wakjak

Neowinian

• 218 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 00:50

The engine rev you and everyone else is hearing is not Tony Stewarts car. It's from a car closer to camera, off-screen. The mic is not going to pick up any sounds from across the track.

You really don't know what you're talking about. Those cars are loud. Doesn't matter what you think or wish to believe.

#36 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 9,019 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900i

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:21

You really don't know what you're talking about. Those cars are loud. Doesn't matter what you think or wish to believe.

Just because they are loud doesn't mean you didn't hear a different engine.

#37 daorbed9

daorbed9

Neowinian

• 104 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:25

I don't think so.

But reading another article they talk about 20 years old and even 16 years old guys involved in the race. I'm not familiar with north american racing series but if true then WTH does a mid 40 guy doing racing with teens?

It's supposed to be a fun race for the fans.  Honestly the kid let his ego cause this.  He should not have taken it personally that Tony raced hard.  He did.  He should not have gotten in the track.  He did.  He should not have tried to get as close to the car as possible.  He did.  Tony made a big mistake, the authorities will decide his fate.

#38 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 3,909 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:55

Let's face it, it's because of the possibility of witnessing incidents like this that many people actually go to racetracks.

Anyway, why the hell would this Tony Stewart fellow, take someone out of the race and then decide to kill him in front of thousands of people? 

#39 Ryoken

Ryoken

The Other Other White Meat

• 2,466 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S, Nexus 7, iPad Mini

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:01

Let's face it, it's because of the possibility of witnessing incidents like this that many people actually go to racetracks.

Anyway, why the hell would this Tony Stewart fellow, take someone out of the race and then decide to kill him in front of thousands of people? 

*Dozens.

There's not that many people at these kinds of races.. it's not a NASCAR Sprint Cup Race.. it's a dirt track race that wouldn't make state news if it wasn't for this.

#40 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 3,909 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:06

*Dozens.

There's not that many people at these kinds of races.. it's not a NASCAR Sprint Cup Race.. it's a dirt track race that wouldn't make state news if it wasn't for this.

I expect its fanbase to grow exponentially in the coming weeks.