OneDrive upload error

Answered Go to the full post word 2013

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cbrookhart

cbrookhart

Neowinian

Posted 13 August 2014 - 21:54

I opened a Word document which is located in my documents folder on OneDrive. I made changes to the document, but am getting an error message when I save the document. I can sign into OneDrive, so I am not understanding exactly why the document I am working on won't save to OneDrive.

https://www.dropbox..../word error.jpg

Best Answer Nick H. , 13 August 2014 - 22:35

I would trust the error message over a status screen. For all we know the status of OneDrive could be determined by the system saying, "is the primary database online? No? How about the secondary database? Oh, that is? Then there isn't a problem, people can still access their files and save them locally."

How long has this error been happening for you? If it's a persistent error (i.e. spanning hours or days) then ok, there may be a problem. Otherwise I would just save the file locally and OneDrive will upload it when the primary database is back online. Go to the full post

#2 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 17

Posted 13 August 2014 - 22:08

It looks like it's written in the error message: the database is temporarily offline. I would assume that means that for the moment you can read your documents, just not edit them as the database can't be modified right now.

Save the file somewhere else and try uploading it again later.

#3 OP cbrookhart

cbrookhart

Neowinian

Posted 13 August 2014 - 22:24

I know that the message indicates the problem, but yet the status page for OneDrive indicates there are no problems.

#4 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 17

Posted 13 August 2014 - 22:35   Best Answer

I would trust the error message over a status screen. For all we know the status of OneDrive could be determined by the system saying, "is the primary database online? No? How about the secondary database? Oh, that is? Then there isn't a problem, people can still access their files and save them locally."

How long has this error been happening for you? If it's a persistent error (i.e. spanning hours or days) then ok, there may be a problem. Otherwise I would just save the file locally and OneDrive will upload it when the primary database is back online.

#5 OP cbrookhart

cbrookhart

Neowinian

Posted 14 August 2014 - 00:38

It turns out I should have just waited a few minutes, because I was able to upload to OneDrive not too long after my first post.

#6 zhangm

zhangm

Just bitter.

• Tech Issues Solved: 23

Posted 14 August 2014 - 00:49

I've been seeing the same intermittent issue over the last 20 hours or so. Open up a synced file, get an alert icon that says there's something wrong with signing in. Not sure what's causing it, but seems to be on the cloud end.