Photo

help! laptop still hangs

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 OP ayster3

ayster3

Neowinian

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:01

That's the video chip issue as mentioned before. Had stacks of HP/Compaq's do this on the workbench.

Unfortunately this laptop's destined for the scrap heap, unless you want to take a risk at reflowing the video chip (not recommended, and likely to fail again).

i still have hope that mine will be fixed.. :)))

#32 Raa

Raa

Resident president

• Tech Issues Solved: 7

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:07

i still have hope that mine will be fixed.. :)))

Then I wish you all the luck in the world.

#33 OP ayster3

ayster3

Neowinian

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:49

dudes.. recently.. i tried using my laptop in an air conditioned room, and it lasted after 1 and a half hour .

usually, it hangs after a minute or 2.

so just want to ask if which part my my board overheats? any programs to suggest on how to monitor the gpu, processors and other chips temp?

#34 mazigh

mazigh

Neowinian

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:49

I have the same annoying issue, It's the GPU issue, I have Nvidia GeForce 8600M GS, my issue started since a year when I got some black screen with some grey colours , went to a repairer, tried the resoldering method (as mentioned by 68k) it lasted more than 6 months as I started using External Fan, but since a month and I guess because of Summer (more heat) I started getting some annoying cold freezing just like I stated in  this Topic 

NB: Just look below, this took from Wikipedia 

806702ea4e.png

#35 sc302

sc302

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 35

Posted 20 August 2014 - 14:20

invest in a laptop cooler.  I have had lots of success with this one: http://www.amazon.co...c laptop cooler