Photo

Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015

saints row: gat out of hell volition inc. deep silver ps3 ps4 xbox 360 xbox one pc saints row 4: re-elected

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• 25,369 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 19:28

Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015

By Michael McWhertor on Aug 29, 2014

Volition's next entry in the Saints Row series is titled Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell and sends the franchise to the afterlife in 2015.

According to a trailer that debuted at PAX Prime today, the Saints' Johnny Gat and Kinzie are sucked into Hell via ouija board to battle demons and some "prominent historical figures," ultimately coming face-to-face with Satan. The game features online co-op for two players. Its version of Hell will be about half the size of Saints Row 4's Steel Port, Volition says.

Players will get access to a handful of new weapons in Gat Out of Hell, including the Arm Chairmageddon (a La-Z-Boy recliner with guns), the Energy Caster, a Locust Gun and a weapon that fires a plague of frogs.

Developed by Volition and High Voltage Software, Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell is a stand-alone expansion and won't require a copy of Saints Row 4 to play.

Gat Out of Hell will retail individually for $19.95 and will be released on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on Jan. 27, 2015. The expansion will also be part of an upcoming re-release of Saints Row 4 called Saints Row 4: Re-Elected for PS4 and Xbox One.

Continues

#2 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 8,966 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 29 August 2014 - 20:38

SR is so off the wall. I dig it. Looking forward to this.

#3 Vandalsquad

Vandalsquad

Neowinian

• 1,033 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:33

Trailer

#4 My8th

My8th

Neowinian

• 368 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:08

Trailer

I didn't like the other Saints Rows but I'll probably play this with my bud.

#5 Xtreme2damax

Xtreme2damax

Master of Everything

• 1,274 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 18:11

I've come to like these wacky games and focus on games with a good story, soundtrack more now being 30 years old and declining interest in gaming. Saints Row IV was a purchase I didn't regret and loads of fun but is getting boring due to finishing the main story and current dlc side quests. Nice to see another quest to keep the game going and looks like it will be awesome.

#6 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,943 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:49

So will it reuse the same exact city again only with different lighting and some tall tower things you mostly can't do anything with?

But yeah, Saints Row games are great fun.

#7 Xtreme2damax

Xtreme2damax

Master of Everything

• 1,274 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 14:30

^ Hmm probably but at least How the Saints saved Christmas had the North Pole which didn't seem like it reused the same city for that part at least.