LG G3 vs Sony Xperia Z3

LG G3 vs Sony Z3  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• LG G3 (Pixels and awesome looking UI.)
    • Sony Xperia Z3 (Battery and water proof!)

I choose the G3 over the Z3 because it had wireless charging, Stock UI looks great, removable battery (Z3 has great battery life but after about a years use all batteries deteriate and don't last anywhere near as long as new and its not replaceable on the Z3), G3 screen looks super crisp in 4K, you notice the difference when you put it side-by-side to other phones, G3 uses micro-SIM while the Z3 uses nano-SIM; this most likely won't be important for most but I travel a lot for work and some countries I visit you'll be hard pressed to find a nano-SIM card and sometimes when I cut it down to size to be a nano-SIM for my previous phone I've damaged the SIM and it has become useless, G3 also has a lot less bezel, its screen-to-body ratio I believe is currently the highest compared to any other phone and if I'm going to get a large phone then majority of its size should just be the screen.

Just a quick note because i hear and read this from a lot of people: The screen on the G3 is not 4K. It is Quad HD (1440p) which is different from 4K.

http://recombu.com/mobile/article/quad-hd-vs-qhd-vs-4k-ultra-hd-what-does-it-all-mean_M20472.html

The phone however is capable of recording videos at 4K.

How's the battery life on your day-to-day use? I'm choosing between this, M8, or Z3 and battery life is the only thing that's preventing me from choosing it. I trust Neowin members more :p

The g3 has a "good" throtling mechanism (good if you look at it to protect your battery... any throttling  is bad if you ask me)... Anyho... heavy whatsapp usage from 6:30am to around 6pm... youtube video here and there, random web browsing will get me to around 30ish @ 6pm, keep in mind I don't use location services unless I need to, bluetooth and nfc are disabled unless needed, etc.

Guys, the idk anything about the lgg3, but Pls don't go for the Sony xperia z3 as its glass is very fragile, it cracks due to heating and in some cases it cracks without any reason

Sorry for i can't send the image as its not processing! But believe me, the glass body of Sony s smartfones are not reliable

How's the battery life on your day-to-day use? I'm choosing between this, M8, or Z3 and battery life is the only thing that's preventing me from choosing it. I trust Neowin members more :p

Decent battery life, I have just about everything enabled (location services, nfc, on 4g network, stepometer) and it lasts about a day and a half with moderate use. Heavy use and lots of screen on time drains battery in about 8hrs though.

Its better than my previous smartphones and ranks as one of the best in the battery life test reviews, but the Z3 is better in battery life. I think the M8 was worse in regards to battery life.

• Like 1