Ubuntu 14.04

Now, that's why Ubuntu is irritating old Linux users who are not aware of the future plans of Ubuntu. Ubuntu is flipping from what they claimed as their stance on open source. :

https://micahflee.com/2013/01/why-im-leaving-ubuntu-for-debian/

please excuse, for using blog sources. but, these offers many unofficial views of people, including what I feel about Ubuntu.

ubuntu tries out new things i think. i am also no fan of unity but i see that it has great potential to really become a good interface - one day but not now yet.

i never understood the fightings that this distro is better than another, because honestly there is no need for this. the ammount of choice you have is impressive and everyone should find his favorite distro after a bit of playing and trying arround.

^^ Not fighting..I am in the search for a good Debian distro and Ubuntu fits almost(naturally!). however, I was reading some points regarding the way Ubuntu seems aspiring to be another Mac. they are silently trying to keep away from some basic standards. Gnome to unity, Wayland to mir etc. purposefully breaking the similarity that exists between popular Linux distributions. many of the points discussed in micahflee's blog is true.

Currently, Debian stable(Jessie) based distros like LMDE2(yet to release) interests me. no daily updates, no breakages. Another distro which is unheard generally is "SolydX" "SolydK" which is similar to LMDE.