"The first rule is we have to treat gamers like we?d like to be treated."

BY LUKE KARMALIThe Witcher 3: Wild Hunt developer CD Projekt Red has opened up on its attitudes to DLC and DRM, explaining why it's against both of them.

Speaking to IGN during last week's EGX convention, head of marketing and PR Michal Platkow-Gilewski revealed it ultimately comes down to what they want to encounter in releases from other developers.

"We don?t want to assault anyone," he said. "Each time we are thinking about a decision, the first rule is we have to treat gamers like we?d like to be treated. We don?t believe in DRM because we hate DRM. It also doesn?t protect, not really. Games are cracked in minutes, hours or days, but they?re always cracked. If you want to pirate you?ll find a way. But if you?re a committed gamer and are buying the game why should we place a barrier on you?

Read on:

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/09/30/the-witcher-3-developer-talks-dlc-and-drm?

This used to be Stardock for me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamer%27s_Bill_of_Rights

I believe Stardock now refers to the Gamers Bill or Rights as a "suicide pact".  As a gamer I hope CD Projekt Red can figure out a way to make this sort of mindset profitable and sustainable.  I've preordered Witcher 3 on GoG so I'm trying to do my part as a consumer.

Games are cracked in minutes, hours or days, but they?re always cracked.

well, dah! 

and because of the stupid DRM, even the gamers that purchased the game might have to resort to crack for convenience sake.

ugly DRM does not stop piracy, but it is a huge inconvenience to buyers... and they don't deserve it.

i am going to go preorder witcher 3 now, just to support the cause.

When they released an update that stripped the DRM off Witcher 2 after a few months after launch, Atari (publisher) was furious. 

They also the parent company of Good Old Games (gog.com) that sells DRM free versions of games. 

i am going to go preorder witcher 3 now, just to support the cause.

Get the gog.com version, no DRM. Not saying the steam version would be bad, it's just you have more DRM via steam then gog.com

• Like 1

Get the gog.com version, no DRM. Not saying the steam version would be bad, it's just you have more DRM via steam then gog.com

done, purchased it on GOG

i recently replayed Witcher 2 EE, and I loved it.  I can't think of a money better spent, since my that time my older brother bought me Captain Comic 2 as a preset!