Microsoft pre-order nightmare warning

So a little update.

I never got my $10 gift card for preordering Forza Horizon 2. 

To their credit I had MS contact me about it before I had the time to reach out to them (I had set myself up a calendar reminder to reach out this past Friday night when I got home from work, they sent an email to me on Thursday night about it.

They told me to wait a few more days. Never got it.

So 22 days after Horizon 2 was released, which means it was 12 days past when I should have gotten my gift card, I was given a $20 one time promo code for microsoftstore.com to use towards what I wanted.

I could have gotten a $25 gift card and only spent $5 of my own money. Instead I decided to pick up the new COD, which they also currently have a promotion one gets $15 in MS Rewards for a preorder if you are a Rewards member, which I am.

So basically the new COD game cost me $25 once I get that promotional credit. I just hope I get it.

Even crazier is they said I still might receive the gift card in the mail for Forza Horizon 2.

So yeah, it was not ideal, but things wound up being better in the end. They followed up more than I did, so I have to say ultimately I think they have been pretty damn great about everything.

As the saying from World of Warcraft goes (I think its WoW), "time is money!".

Sorry for being off topic but this saying originated hundreds of years ago and in no case should it attributed to Blizzard and WoW.

On topic, MS should try and fix this, as any company (and person) should honor any and all agreements.