Entered to world of MacOSX - bought new MacBookPro

Does it take 16 gb? Apple's site says 8 is the max, but they've been known to be wrong.

They say the same thing about my mid-2009 Macbook Pro, and lots of folks out there have shown this to be wrong.

Updated to OS X Yosemite, it rocks! Continuity feature is really a very good fluid experience for taking call via Mac (considering i use Mac always at last evening/night, my iPhone will be on other end @ charge or at living room)

Also installed Parallels (trial) & virtual box...will opt for one in few weeks, as my core development is on visual studio.

Apart from the OS, Apps like iMovie, Garageband are worth add ons! My family loves pages (not dozens of pages, just 1 or 2 for kid's activity, its simple and aims for what it is).

haven't upgraded RAM yet., will take a month or two.

Updated to OS X Yosemite, it rocks! Continuity feature is really a very good fluid experience for taking call via Mac (considering i use Mac always at last evening/night, my iPhone will be on other end @ charge or at living room)

Also installed Parallels (trial) & virtual box...will opt for one in few weeks, as my core development is on visual studio.

Apart from the OS, Apps like iMovie, Garageband are worth add ons! My family loves pages (not dozens of pages, just 1 or 2 for kid's activity, its simple and aims for what it is).

haven't upgraded RAM yet., will take a month or two.

I recently switched from Parallels to Virtualbox. Virtualbox feels, how can I put it, less polished, than parallels, but I got a bit sick of Parallels pricing, and refusal to supply updates.

If you're two versions behind, you can't run it on Yosemite, which means you've gotten 2 years out of it before the software is practically unusable. Parallels' answer? Buy the new version.

• 1 month later...

I recently switched from Parallels to Virtualbox. Virtualbox feels, how can I put it, less polished, than parallels, but I got a bit sick of Parallels pricing, and refusal to supply updates.

If you're two versions behind, you can't run it on Yosemite, which means you've gotten 2 years out of it before the software is practically unusable. Parallels' answer? Buy the new version.

hmm... I am actually sticking with Virtualbox.

Also upgraded to 16 GB RAM (removed existing 2*2 GB to 8*2 GB...works charm, cheaper than buying it from apple while procuring new one)

Next step, probably after 4 months, will move to 256 GB SSD replacing the DVD drive (& keep the existing hd within)