Ubisoft: 30 frames per second feels "more cinematic"

Uh...I remember Sony paid specifically for patch in addition to the marketing deal (although I may be wrong).

Hawkman is the source of Sony paying for a patch, there are no factual links anywhere online that has Sony or Ubisoft say Sony paid for a patch.

• Like 1

The way I understand is this:

Game devs are trying to squeeze in as much as eye candy over gameplay and smooth 60fps frame rate. If they target 60fps, then perhaps they won't have enough time to optimize it with all the eye candy enabled. (Tight schedules, budget factors, etc,etc)

So everyone is trying to dish out possibly best looking games instead of smooth 60fps gameplay. This is a way to boast (My game looks better than yours)

As simple as that. 

Hence we get the cinematic bull**** logic. True cinematic would be between 24-25 fps though.

Well, I don't know if this is true or not but if it is it's rather insulting. And something to keep in mind when trusting Microsoft again ("we support PC gaming, blah blah").

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2j7r9j/delivering_ubisoft_came_to_my_school_for_a/

tl;dr Console makers could be pressuring third parties into locking PC versions also at 30fps!

Wouldn't surprise me since developers aren't extremely supportive of PC either. I mean, how many crappy ports have we gotten the past years...