Boot Issues

I know I asked this before, but this problem comes up again, even after I fixed it...

On a cold startup, it starts up, stays at my ASRock page for like 10-15 seconds, then goes on its merry way.

I was told that this problem was that fast boot wasn't enabled. So I enable it. It is still doing it.

So, when I was reinstalling my OS, I only had the SSD on. It went fast as a pancake. Then when I added on my 3 other drives, again, booting slowed to a crawl.

So, I thought this might be the system trying to boot off the others, but my SSD was first in priority. :huh:

It's probably just searching for them all.  Maybe waiting for them to all spin up.  Typically, if you have a bad drive, for example, it could stay on that screen for a LONG time searching for it.

10-15 seconds seems a little long, but if it's spinning them up one at a time, then it could add up.  I would assume they all start together, but maybe not.

Have you tried BIOS update?

It's probably just searching for them all.  Maybe waiting for them to all spin up.  Typically, if you have a bad drive, for example, it could stay on that screen for a LONG time searching for it.

10-15 seconds seems a little long, but if it's spinning them up one at a time, then it could add up.  I would assume they all start together, but maybe not.

Have you tried BIOS update?

+1 to frameunit for his recommendation here! I had the exact same issue a while ago. Turns out one of my hard drives was slow in being recognized by the bios. Try unplugging one at a time to see which one is causing your issue. You could also use a 3rd-party utility to check the overall health of those drives if they support a SMART readout. I use Crystal Disk Info:

compare2a.jpg

w10

So, if I figure out what is the culprit, is there a way I can fix it?

If you find the suspect drive, I doubt there is anything you can do but consider replacing it... or just live with it until it fails.

I'll look at it tomorrow. Hopefully, it is my spare 640GB drives. I'm not using them atm.

OK, I took them off, one by one. Only when I ever took all the HDDs off, did it work. I tried adding other hard drives on at first, it became slow again.

I just think it's something with my board that is having this issue... So I have to wait a few more seconds, meh.

you sure its notr just detecteing them through all of the different controlers?

i have to wait for my ssd on 1 controler, 2 hdds on my jmicro then another 2 drives on another controler before my system boots which also takes about 20seconds, nothign you can do about it exept get all the discs on the 1 controler and turn the others off