Anybody got some of those..

Yeah but if you already have an account, I believe you can invite others. If you remember how Gmail was rolled out, this is very similar.

Here's the deal: Once I'm at work I'm going to check whether or not I can invite people yet. If yes I'm going to start an invitation thread in Members' Metropolis.

Update: I checked the web client. Unless I'm blind there is no way for me to send out invitations - yet. Rest assured that as soon as that's the case I will distribute them on Neowin.

What I've noticed:

To activate Inbox you have to install and launch the app on your Android (4.1 or higher or iOS (7.0 or higher) smartphone.

The web client only works in Google Chrome. 

The iOS client looks and feels like a Material Design app.

More impressions to follow as I use it.

Update: I checked the web client. Unless I'm blind there is no way for me to send out invitations - yet. Rest assured that as soon as that's the case I will distribute them on Neowin.

48 hour embargo before you can invite others unfortunately.

48 hour embargo before you can invite others unfortunately.

Gotcha. Well then, I shall start an invitation thread on Sunday - unless someone else has invitations to hand out before then.

Here's the deal: Once I'm at work I'm going to check whether or not I can invite people yet. If yes I'm going to start an invitation thread in Members' Metropolis.

Surely this is an invitation thread?

Surely this is an invitation thread?

No. I plan on starting one in Members' Metropolis because guests can't see it there. Which prevents people from registering for the sake of getting an invite.

• Like 1

No. I plan on starting one in Members' Metropolis because guests can't see it there. Which prevents people from registering for the sake of getting an invite.

Make a minimum post count to be eligible.. i.e 50/100 posts. 

• Like 2

Make a minimum post count to be eligible.. i.e 50/100 posts. 

That's the idea. Also I'm thinking 2 out of 3 invitations handed out here should go to other community members.

Then again it's possible that Google are going to liberally hand out invitations directly, mitigating the need for invitation threads.

That's the idea. Also I'm thinking 2 out of 3 invitations handed out here should go to other community members.

Then again it's possible that Google are going to liberally hand out invitations directly, mitigating the need for invitation threads.

I considered that, but given that they're only allowing 3 invites p.p w/ the 48 hour embargo, it seems doubtful. If they were more lax about it then it would've make sense.

I considered that, but given that they're only allowing 3 invites p.p w/ the 48 hour embargo, it seems doubtful. If they were more lax about it then it would've make sense.

We shall see.

iOS app screenshots:

post-1302-0-70645200-1414138529.png post-1302-0-21691900-1414138533.png

• Like 2

So...I don't have an Android or iPhone, therefore when I get the invite I will not be able to use it? 

The rollout is similar to the Google + rollout a few years ago.