New AMD Omega Catalyst drivers available somewhere ?

Question

I did some Googling after posting. Found out they tied it to Displayport monitors and certain gfx cards. Lost interest after that cause I'd be in the same boat as GSync. Have to buy a new monitor and card. I thought the whole point was that it depended on an existing VESA spec?

Anyone else thinking of http://omegadrivers.net/ when they read the title?  LOL.  Used to be big in the 3dfx era, and into the ATI realm.

I was thinking he started modding drivers again...

I'll have to give these new ones a shot.

It was my first thought too ; )

I did some Googling after posting. Found out they tied it to Displayport monitors and certain gfx cards. Lost interest after that cause I'd be in the same boat as GSync. Have to buy a new monitor and card. I thought the whole point was that it depended on an existing VESA spec?

Hmm I wonder what the technical requirements are besides displayport. I guess maybe some form of EDID override and driver hack?

GSync requires dedicated hardware exclusive to NV, Freesync requires dedicated hardware anyone can freely support.

Same difference for end user, basically.

Not really, as the GSync hardware is an expensive addon (at least at the moment,) whereas Adaptive Sync support is built into the displays own scaler.

Plus, you know, not everyone uses NV.

It may be cheaper, but it still possibly requires a new card and monitor. The card I get, but from what they said during its initial demonstration, adaptive refresh had been part of VESA for a long while. This is why I'm skeptical of its displayport requirement.

It may be cheaper, but it still possibly requires a new card and monitor. The card I get, but from what they said during its initial demonstration, adaptive refresh had been part of VESA for a long while. This is why I'm skeptical of its displayport requirement.

The embedded Displayport standard has had it for a long time.  It was never used in desktop monitors or graphics cards until now.

The embedded Displayport standard has had it for a long time.  It was never used in desktop monitors or graphics cards until now.

Ok, I was under the impression it was included in VESA standards prior to Displayport's invention.

I can get over all the endless firmware/driver issues AMD cards can have but the current cards have an awful performance/power consumption ratio. I hope AMD is going to put some decent cards out soon, the performance/power consumption does really make a difference for me since I always keep my desktop computer on but I really don't want to encourage nvidia and all their "exclusive" proprietary crap.