need a metro app that works with m3u playlists

I need a metro/modern app that's car friendly that works with m3u playists created in jriver!

I've tried xbox music, funky music player, media monkey, and some other player, but none of them work with my jriver m3u playlist.

I even got amok playlist copy and it won't work with those either.

NONE of the paths in the playlist are path sensitive.

sample p0layloist structure:

#EXTM3U
#Created with AmoK Playlist Copy 2.06
S.O.A.P. -  This Is How We Party.mp3
Bo & Monica -  This Is How We Party.mp3
Alex Gaudino -  Im in Love.mp3
Apollo -  Dance (Rudedog Remix).mp3
A-Stage -  Sky.mp3
A-Teens -  Heartbreak Lullaby (Europop Remix).mp3
Java -  Watcha Say (The Factory Team Remix).mp3
The Collective -  Partyline.mp3
Chipz -  One, Two, Three.mp3
Ateens -  Upside Down (Grizzlytysper Radio Edit).mp3
Basic Element -  This Must Be A Dream (Punkstar Remix).mp3
Bingo Players -  Cry (Olav Basoski Remix).mp3
Cabin Crew -  Waitin For A Star To Fall.mp3
Colours feat. domino -  Hold Me And Kiss Me (A T Mendoza vs Tib

is how it looks so no extra crap in the actual playlist file that would reference a particular location

the xbox music app won't work with any of these even with the import option.

THIS IS FRUSTRATING ME TO NO END!

I dont wanna sit there and make manual playlists and take 2 days to do it since I have 5000+ songs on my tab!

I hope someone can find one that works with externally created m3us.

I hate using windows media player and jriver on the road they ahev tiny tiny tiny options/icons and are frustrating to use in a car even as a passenger!

I wouldn't mind paying as much as 4 bucks for it either.

I've had the same issue and I think the problem is with which directories the Modern / Metro / Windows Store apps can see.  It doesn't help that the error message the Xbox music app pops is completely useless in troubleshooting the problem. 

They only have access to locations in your Libraries, so if you haven't added your music folders to the Music library the modern apps can't "see" the files you're trying to play.  With Windows 8.1 it's made more complicated because the libraries don't show up by default in Explorer.

If all the files are stored locally, that's easy enough, but you won't likely to be able to get around it if they're stored across the network on a NAS or something.

For instance, I had music stored in an SD card on my tablet and showing up as D:, under the folders D:\Music\[artist]\[album] and D:\Playlists\[playlistname].mp3.  I added D:\Music to the Music library from Explorer (left-click Music, right-click to get context menu, select Properties, choose Add and browse to select the folder).  My playlists all then listed the tracks as .\..\Music\.....mp3 and it worked fine.

Of course, two months later I forgot all about this and put both a playlist and the music files under D:\Playlists, then spent about an hour cursing because I couldn't remember why I could use the old playlists but not the new one.

Finally worked it out again, added D:\Playlists as a folder in there Music library, and presto the same playlist suddenly works.

But I've never been able to get the modern apps to play from my NAS because it isn't "indexed.". The closest you can get is to "make the files available offline" but then you're effectively copying the files to your device anyway.

Hope this helps and saves at least one other person from repeating my near-apoplexy :).  Not exactly what you were asking about but maybe you can use the built-in app without all the teeth-grinding.

The media is stored in an SD card and windows 8.1 has the option to make the default location so I thought it would work

also:

post-361542-0-61969400-1417898995.png

I given up on plex I've had a lot of issues with the server not adding new media and such it was a pain so I got mediabrowser and it works much better