iOS Update 8.1.2

Just got the pop-up on my phone but I guess i'll wait and see.

No need to upgrade now for me as this seems trivial stuff.

Finally fixed the annoying red update indicator that was always on the Settings button regardless if an update was available or not.

That's the only "issue" I've had with iOS 8. Curious what other "under the hood" things were included in this update since the change log is pretty vague.

Finally fixed the annoying red update indicator that was always on the Settings button regardless if an update was available or not.

That's the only "issue" I've had with iOS 8. Curious what other "under the hood" things were included in this update since the change log is pretty vague.

Yessss - finally. Thank you for mentioning this.

It was a royal pain in the buns

• Like 1

I wonder if any JB will be out for this version. Or maybe the 8.1.1 JB works on this too (since it also works on 8.2 beta)? I think the main reason that Apple released this version is to try and close as many holes before 8.2, not to fix some small issue like it says in the changelog.

posts in /r/jailbreak suggest otherwise. Looks like 8.1.2 will receive a Jailbreak.

It must have just been for this specific bug that they released this. The annoying split keyboard bugs in the Messages app (that cause the texts to be positioned out of the screen space) still persist.

Amazing how many bugs are still unsquashed in iOS 8 even after 8.1.2.... Really has to be the buggiest iOS release that I can recall. I thought that iOS 8 was going to be a refined iOS 7, and therefore be less-buggy. Boy was I wrong. iOS 7 was pretty solid compared to where they are today. I like the new features in Yosemite and iOS 8, just wish Apple would squash the bugs.

Amazing how many bugs are still unsquashed in iOS 8 even after 8.1.2.... Really has to be the buggiest iOS release that I can recall. I thought that iOS 8 was going to be a refined iOS 7, and therefore be less-buggy. Boy was I wrong. iOS 7 was pretty solid compared to where they are today. I like the new features in Yosemite and iOS 8, just wish Apple would squash the bugs.

I absolutely agree. I really regret upgrading from 7.1.2 so far. Among other things, this is my biggest problem with ios8 and I can't seem to find a solution. :(

agree - rather unhappy with the large number of bugs in 8.

7.1.2 was rock-solid

have not seen that ring issue you mentioned.

and i mis-read the original fix - i thought the issue of apps updated via itunes still showing an update available was resolved in 8.1.2 - doesn't look like it.

unhappiness