Looking for a good nightstand dock for iphone and ipad

Anyone have any recommendations for a good nightstand dock for the iphone 6+ and an ipad air?  I use my iphone as an alarm clock so I don't need it to dock to a speaker system for playing the radio or streaming music.  I tend to read from the ipad for a bit in bed so I'd like something to put it into when I go to sleep.  Both of them are in cases so the dock would need to fit them.

Anyone have any recommendations for a good nightstand dock for the iphone 6+ and an ipad air?  I use my iphone as an alarm clock so I don't need it to dock to a speaker system for playing the radio or streaming music.  I tend to read from the ipad for a bit in bed so I'd like something to put it into when I go to sleep.  Both of them are in cases so the dock would need to fit them.

Seen this?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/HD716ZM/A/twelve-south-hirise-stand-for-iphone-55s-and-ipad-mini

I recommend that one as well. 
If you are using a cover that is thick like mine, bear in mind that the cover will impede penetration of the charging pin thing.

Not sure if any dock will support a case like that.  Facing the same issue with my SP3s at work.

That is why I was thinking of something that is more of a stand and not a dock.  Something where I just set my phone/iPad onto it.

That is why I was thinking of something that is more of a stand and not a dock.  Something where I just set my phone/iPad onto it.

Like basically two fancy shelves that are more in an upright/vertical configuration (to save on desk space), and padded? And you would just have two cords handy to plug in your devices?

That is what I'm looking for. I don't really want a connector to aim for in a classic dock scenario...more like I want a desk space saver that also means less likely to do something stupid like spill my drink on my iPad.

That HiRise is the one I bought over a year ago and LOVE it. I bought it for my iPad Air/Mini and iPhone 5s.  I have since upgraded to the Air 2 and iPhone 6+ and it works great with all of those.  Its adjustable so you can use it with 99% of the cases out there. It works with Otterbox defender just fine. THe only case I had issues with is the Lifeproof and thats because the flip down cover that waterproofs the plug connection gets in the way. It flips toward the back. 

I even posted a video on youtube because a friend of mine wanted to know how stable it was.  You made me relook and I see now they have a newer model with different colors.. I think I am going to purchase it and give the HiRise I have now to my wife. 

Like basically two fancy shelves that are more in an upright/vertical configuration (to save on desk space), and padded? And you would just have two cords handy to plug in your devices?

That is what I'm looking for. I don't really want a connector to aim for in a classic dock scenario...more like I want a desk space saver that also means less likely to do something stupid like spill my drink on my iPad.

Exactly.  Almost like an easel to put it on.

That HiRise is the one I bought over a year ago and LOVE it. I bought it for my iPad Air/Mini and iPhone 5s.  I have since upgraded to the Air 2 and iPhone 6+ and it works great with all of those.  Its adjustable so you can use it with 99% of the cases out there. It works with Otterbox defender just fine. THe only case I had issues with is the Lifeproof and thats because the flip down cover that waterproofs the plug connection gets in the way. It flips toward the back. 

I even posted a video on youtube because a friend of mine wanted to know how stable it was.  You made me relook and I see now they have a newer model with different colors.. I think I am going to purchase it and give the HiRise I have now to my wife. 

That looks neat but I doubt it would work with any other kind of case except the smart cover.

Now this is what I am after.  Can charge upto 5 iOS devices at once and yet compact. http://store.griffintechnology.com/ipad/powerdock-5-device-charger.

This one is said to work with the otterbox and is adjustable.  Claims to work with any case and is currently only. $40

http://www.thelightningdock.com/

It works with a TON of different case sizes. 

Not the otterbox tho.