Man finds himself alone on Delta flight

"Man finds himself alone on Delta flight" is the title of the story, sounds interesting right Wrong, too bad a complete moron wrote it.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/13/travel/man-alone-delta-flight-feat/index.html

I lead you to the main part of the story:

In this age of overstuffed planes, where we squeeze our bodies into cramped seats and jockey for overhead bin space, it sounds like a dream -- one that would never happen.

But it did -- sort of -- on Monday for a man who boarded a long-delayed Delta Airlines flight from Cleveland to New York to find that all his fellow passengers had been rebooked on other flights.

Then, if you continue reading

As it turned out, O'Leary was not the only passenger on the flight. The plane was about to push back when, at the last minute, another man hopped on.

Wait what, so the whole story is just imaginary at this point. He wasn't alone after all.

Who even writes these stories

Reporter: Ok so this guy, was on a flight and the entire plane was empty

Editor: Oh wow how often does that happen, tell me more...

Reporter: Well, he wasn't really alone, there was another guy on the plane.

Editor: Your fired.

That's how the conversation should have gone....

</rant>

I think the point of the story still stands. Airlines try to squeeze every last penny out of their flights, and then something like this happens.

Economy class in the 60's:

852xQDM.png

Economy class today:

article-2120819-1258BC9B000005DC-425_468

(Ok, perhaps not really comparable, but still...)

• Like 2

this is there reason i always fly private jet. it only has seating for 6 people and 2 pilots :D (Cessna Citation CJ3)

I think the point of the story still stands. Airlines try to squeeze every last penny out of their flights, and then something like this happens.

852xQDM.png

Same way to the cars in the 50's/60's..  that they had plenty of room above your head and leg room in front and back seats. Especially trunk room.

Now today's cars shrink little bit.   My parents were lucky to drive those cars in their younger years.

The houses were small and now today's homes are huge.

I thought it's funny to see changes between the past and now.

I think the whole point of the story was that he was the only passenger on the plane and it was just "out of the ordinary", which turned out to be a lie and not at all true. But that's just me.

Reporter: Ok so this guy, was on a flight and the entire plane was empty

Editor: Oh wow how often does that happen, tell me more...

Reporter: Well, he wasn't really alone, there was another guy on the plane.

Editor: Your fired.

This is CNN, the author turned a non-news worthy anything into a page with ads for people to click on. By their standards, he deserves a promotion.

852xQDM.png

That's just a photo of a mock-up of the 747's interior, it's not a actual photo of economy class in the 60's...