Google Play Music not downloading album art

Question

So I have this weird issue from time to time in Google Play Music where the album art won't be entirely downloaded. Like, maybe half or three-quarters of the art will show up, and the rest won't. I have no idea why this occurs, but the issue, when it does happen, doesn't get fix on its own. I have to literally completely refresh the app... Delete its cache, all associated data, etc. I basically have to set up the app like it's the first time I've ever used it. Normally, this doesn't bother me that much, but I just recently downloaded a bunch of my playlists, and I'd hate to have to do this every single time this issue occurs.

I've tried doing "Refresh music" and it doesn't work. I've looked online and actually can't find much info on this problem, so I don't know why it occurs or how to fix it. Has anyone else experienced this?

6 answers to this question

And I gotta have proper tags to listen to my stuff. I can't freakin stand untitled track-01 or crap like that.

even my own playlists are virtual compilations with proper tagging, album art I make myself and proper numbering and formatting.

I make my own internal compilation series and I have people even begging me to make ti a legit series like future trance, dream dance, etc.

example:

post-361542-0-39778500-1422264560.png

I know about alternatives, but I'm still curious as to why this issue is occurring. It doesn't happen on Google Music's website, just the actual Android app. I guess I could try deleting the art from the songs where the issue occurs, readd it and see if that fixes it...

I guess I should note that this is occurring with songs that I'm streaming via Google Music, not ones I've uploaded myself.