Review my hardware upgrade

My computer does not work anymore and I decided to build a new computer from scratch. Here is what I'm looking to buy. I'm general going to be using it for Adobe Suite, surfing, little gaming and completely replacing my computer and using it for a 4 years. Getting it from Microcenter.

Gigabyte GA X99M Gaming 5 Matx    $250

Corsair Carbide Air 240 Black             $88

Intel Core i7 5820K                              $300

Asus Strix GTX 960 OC 2GB               $215

Corsair RM650 FM 80 Gold                 $120

Crucial 16GB DDR4 2400                    $220

Hyper 212 EVO CPU Fan                     $35

Samsung SSD 850 Pro                        $180

$1528

Looks pretty solid.

No craziness, just good quality & performance - a nice no nonsense build IMO

The storage is a little small -do you back up everything to cloud or NAS or external HDD ?

Some might say the 960GTX is a little wimpy - but that is your call

Looks pretty solid.

No craziness, just good quality & performance - a nice no nonsense build IMO

The storage is a little small -do you back up everything to cloud or NAS or external HDD ?

Some might say the 960GTX is a little wimpy - but that is your call

the case is small so i need to put special smaller gpu in it

I already have a 128GB ForceGT SSD. Should I replace that with the Samsung SSD? I found that 128GB is very little. Also should I get the GTX970 instead. It looks like it have a much faster speed bump for only $120 more. Could save money on the SSD and keep my old one and get a better graphic card.

Also is the Microcenter 3 year warranty worth it? It's only $199 and if any of the parts is wrong or want to be replace, I will get credit for the same or a different part if I want.

Looks like a good build - my only question is whether Microcenter is a better deal than Newegg.  I just got the Gigabyte Sniper G1 board, and it's a sweet puppy.

Looks like a good build - my only question is whether Microcenter is a better deal than Newegg.  I just got the Gigabyte Sniper G1 board, and it's a sweet puppy.

Intel Core i7 5820K                              $300  microcenter

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117402&cm_re=Intel_Core_i7_5820K-_-19-117-402-_-Product $389 on newegg or amazon... christ the only issue with microcenter is instore pickups only. but damn most of the items are all around $50 cheaper or more.

Keep the 120Gb Force. Its plenty of room specially when Windows 10 goes final. With all my programs installed on mine im sitting at 65Gb free which is amazing. 
Definitely get the 970 too. MSI or Asus Strix. They are both about the same.
Not sure if you want to spend $300 on the i7... a i5 will do the same job. 
So yeah in breif, drop the Samsung SSD and grab the 970. Else everything on it looks good :)

Intel Core i7 5820K                              $300  microcenter

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117402&cm_re=Intel_Core_i7_5820K-_-19-117-402-_-Product $389 on newegg or amazon... christ the only issue with microcenter is instore pickups only. but damn most of the items are all around $50 cheaper or more.

It's the reason why I'm going to buy all the parts there.

• Like 1