Update remote share permissions on windows 7 client

So we have a few batch windows 7 machines thats connect to shares on a NAS and just process data. Every now and then, we have to add a new share. This is the first time i've tried to go to a share on any the clients that have access to the new share I need to mount and have received access denied.

I thought SMB is suppose to get permissions on authentication? So how do I flush the local "cache" so next time I try \\host\share in windows explorer, and see the share and double click on it, it actually lets me see inside instead of say "i don't have permissions", which I know I do because i've reverified connecting to it from my machine.

I have very limited knowledge in this field, but these files you wish to share, are they audio/video?

(This I can help with)

First, add the files/folders to the location you wish to share from, and make sure wmp knows to look in that location.

On the host computer if the files are shared via windows media player, you'll have to open c> users> username> app data> local> microsoft> media player ((possibly media player)) which is hidden. And task manager, to force kill the wmpnetwork task ((I forget the exact name but it is very close to the name I supplied))

Then delete the folder 'media player' from your explorer navigation window.

Then before you do anything else, go to network and sharing centre from control panel, change advanced settings, ((you may need to turn it on)) go to all networks to confirm all receiver machines are listed, and after hitting ok, close it.

This part is a little touchy, you'll need to open windows media player to let it re populate the files. ((Best done over a few minutes, closing the media player for 20 or so seconds, for every minute open)) Once fully populated with the new files added to the source folder, try a receiver machine to see if they can see the file(s)

I used to have to do this a lot, with my ps3, and gave up on it, as I started just using flash drives for my purchased files.

Now, please note, if this isn't what you were trying to achieve, then accept my apologies, I have misunderstood the questuon.

The problem was solved by 

net use /delete *

and 

klist purge

What sucks is, I can't do this while the machines are actively running batch processes 24/7. So I need to be able to add a share at anytime without having to do all this nonsense. I realize now why I hate windows sometimes. Anyone know what a good way to update share permissions? I don't know what it is called but basically permissions are being updated in LDAP, its when the client is connection to the storage, its getting "Access Denied" for the share I JUST gave the user connecting permission to and verified by connecting to the share from my computer.

I thought SMB share permissions were only grabbed on connection, so if you change a users permission, while they are connected they wont be updated, but once they reconnect, there new permissions would be grabbed. Thats not whats happening here and its annoying

a purge should happen on restart (this would be your reconnect), it also should happen on log off and on but doesn't always.  simply closing the drive and reconnecting to the drive does not do a full disconnect and reconnect. 

When I give users a new share/mapping or change their permissions on a share/mapping, so that I know it takes, I instruct them to restart their computer.

a purge should happen on restart (this would be your reconnect), it also should happen on log off and on but doesn't always.  simply closing the drive and reconnecting to the drive does not do a full disconnect and reconnect. 

When I give users a new share/mapping or change their permissions on a share/mapping, so that I know it takes, I instruct them to restart their computer.

I knew this part, but it hasn't worked like this in the past. Ive been able to add shares as they were created / the batch user/machine needed access to them and windows hasn't complained once. Now its starting to complain and its annoying. Not only that management is going to be up my ass about "why is this a problem now, and we can't stop batch processing over a simple 2 minute fix, call microsoft, create a workaround" all the normal ###### management that has no idea what the hell they are talking about are going to say.

I have no problem with doing the above, i feel these machines should be "given a break" every now and then because they are batch processing 24/5 and the CPU and RAM is 95% utilized the entire time.