Budman and IT security experts, please come in man...

There are lots of places you can ask and possibly receive answers and there are several ways to search but a generic family friendly forum such as this one does frown on such questions as you would have known had you done some research.As with most forums or repositorys they all work on trust and given you only joined recently to ask such an inquisitive question does raise questions itself....

The first thing i can see in this thread is the fact that the OP has a severe lack of Google skills; that is much more troublesome than anything, since he can't do a basic search and think for himself, no help in the world would be useful to him at all.

He can get all the answers more or less fast, that is pretty sure but if that story is true (i don't buy it but that doesn't matter) he wont go much further since his "friend" will see that pretty fast.

I'm from the 80's gen, where phreaking and hacking were a trial and error thing, since i and my friends where discovering it and there was next to none info (no Internet back then); stuff was dead slow but much rewarding; people now want instant gratification and instant knowledge and even with access to a infinity of it (the Internet) still cant do a proper search - that alone would be enough for me to not hiring you; others may disagree though.

I don't know why I suck at specifying keywords and so many things, probably because of english is not my primary language and my brain is not so good? /:

Sometimes I do wish I was never born.

^ agreed.. but like to waste time sometimes ;)

So per you PM that you can not get the simple tool psexec from the makers of the OS working.. Did you RTFM on how to use it?  If you want to bring it up interactive did you say what session id you wanted it in? etc..  Please don't PM me any more on this sort of topic..  I have given you all the info I am going to give.. If you want to ask specific questions on using a specific tool I would suggest you create a new thread so its not not tied to the subject, etc..

So for your psexec to work..Clearly you don't have account with permissions would be my guess if getting access denied.  I created a test account on my storage vm so could show how it works.

So as you can see, if I don't say interactive it kicks of the process off, see how psexec is running as system.

post-14624-0-55806800-1427635680.png

You can see the process calc is running as user test.  Now if I want it to be interactive with the desktop I need use the -i and what session the user I want to throw it up on their screen, etc.  Now I am consoled into the vm via vclient, etc..  The session ID of the user budman in this case is 1, google for how to find session id of logged in user, etc.

post-14624-0-49720900-1427635782.png

Using psexec is a valid administration tool, its given out by ms for free etc.. I have used it many many times over the years for all kinds of great stuff in administration..  Not going to go into details of how to use it in not so good ways, etc.

• Like 3

^ agreed.. but like to waste time sometimes ;)

So per you PM that you can not get the simple tool psexec from the makers of the OS working.. Did you RTFM on how to use it?  If you want to bring it up interactive did you say what session id you wanted it in? etc..  Please don't PM me any more on this sort of topic..  I have given you all the info I am going to give.. If you want to ask specific questions on using a specific tool I would suggest you create a new thread so its not not tied to the subject, etc..

So for your psexec to work..Clearly you don't have account with permissions would be my guess if getting access denied.  I created a test account on my storage vm so could show how it works.

So as you can see, if I don't say interactive it kicks of the process off, see how psexec is running as system.

attachicon.gifstartcalc.png

You can see the process calc is running as user test.  Now if I want it to be interactive with the desktop I need use the -i and what session the user I want to throw it up on their screen, etc.  Now I am consoled into the vm via vclient, etc..  The session ID of the user budman in this case is 1, google for how to find session id of logged in user, etc.

attachicon.gifinteractivecalc.png

Using psexec is a valid administration tool, its given out by ms for free etc.. I have used it many many times over the years for all kinds of great stuff in administration..  Not going to go into details of how to use it in not so good ways, etc.

agreed! if Psexec was a human id be having its babies! its a godsend admin tool.

im surprised you've humoured him as long as you have bud, are you softening in your advancing years :p

I was gonna make a lmgtfy link but at work and our filtration would go nuts searching for the word "h4ck" then I thought, why should I spoon feed a script kiddie who is so out his depth he can see blue whales pass by.

Do what everyone else had to do LEARN IT by repetition. (and yes I was an early 80s kid, with a phone engineer dad, what do YOU reckon I spent my prepube years doing :p) to "hack" needs more than point n click.

I wouldnt even go that far for this person, You would need to start with.... What is an IP Address for example. Anyway its been marked solved. Nothing to see here move on....