> HyperV2

1xE5450

64GB Ram

500GB SSD For VMs

2x1TB RAID1 for bulk vm data

2xHP NC380T=2GB Client & Server net

HP P812 1GB Cache RAID Card

Server 2k12

>MSA 60 with 5x4TB in RAID6 the rest of the bays are for backups with 2TB RAID5

Pics here, Nothing much changed apart from I got the caddys for the MSA60 and added more ram

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1195301-show-us-your-servers-2014-edition/page-4#entry596508295

Got the servers and MSA for 200 euro in a liquidation sale. The rest of the parts are consumer or off ebay.

I still haven't built mine, but using all the information here has helped me confirm the build I want. Though, BudMan still thinks mine is excessive but will last for awhile. Going to buy a temporary $400 Tower, and use that to play with, add quad nic adapter, and some good space. It'll be enough until I need to expand.

I'm rather curious about RAID, and how it effects your space. I know 0, 0+1, don't offer any redundancy (I think), 3 Offers some, 5 offers redundancy, but 6 and 10 I have no clue. Google made my head explode.

I've got an N54L running Hyper-V 2012 R2.

Standard spec with 10GB ram and 4 x IBM 2TB SATA disks Raid 5 with HP P410 Raid Controller.

Primary use was supposed to be Freenas box for primary server I got from work (IBM x3550 M4) but couldn't get the performance I wanted. So installed Hyper-V and configured a 6TB virtual disk (vhdx) and connected that directly to main server. Speeds are 1Gb instead of 300Mb with Freenas. Thinking of replacing the the HP 410 with a card that will allow external raid and purchasing another raid controller for the IBM (but it's a nice to have as performance is good as it is for home use)

Now the N54L is a storage box and a replica box for a couple of VMs from the main server.

really really want to pull the trigger on this baby ;)

http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/midtower/5028/SYS-5028D-TN4T.cfm

I found it being sold here for $1200 without ram and without disks..

http://www.wiredzone.com/supermicro-servers-compact-embedded-processor-sys-5028d-tn4t-10024470

Would be my replacement for my some what long in the tooth N40L... love to play with the 10G nics - but freaking 10G switches are still a bit high for home budgets..  But they will run at 1ge until such time that have a 10gig switch, etc..

Put say 32GB in it and SSD and couple HDD for storage vm and that thing would scream I am sure..

I just racked a R620 at a datacentre today lol.

PoweEdge T310 with 32gb RAM, couple tb space. 

Unless you put your own build into a DC its not allowed :(

Otherwise I'll have a nice list of stuff I can post next week :D

I've got two home builds currently acting as Hyper-V Servers. 

Hyper-V Server 01

Intel Core i7 5820k

Gigabyte GA-99X-UD4

64GB Corsair DDR4 Memory

2x256GB Corsair SSDs (OS Volume)

3x6TB WD Red Drives (Data Store)

Rosewill Rackmount Server Chassis

Windows Server 2012 R2

Hyper-V Server 02

Intel Core i7 4790k

Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H

32GB Corsair DDR3 Memory

2x4TB WD Red Drives (Data Store)

Windows Server 2012 R2

Use my home builds to run a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain.  Most of my family in the area is connected to it via site-to-site VPN (through pfsense) - 7 "sites" in total.  It is a simple setup, but has been enormously beneficial, educationally speaking. 

Unless you put your own build into a DC its not allowed :(

Otherwise I'll have a nice list of stuff I can post next week :D

I just racked 30 DL560s, and 30 Full Blades. I know it doesn't count :(

I've got two home builds currently acting as Hyper-V Servers. 

Hyper-V Server 01

Intel Core i7 5820k

Gigabyte GA-99X-UD4

64GB Corsair DDR4 Memory

3x6TB WD Red Drives (Data Store)

Windows Server 2012 R2

Hyper-V Server 02

Intel Core i7 4790k

Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H

32GB Corsair DDR3 Memory

2x4TB WD Red Drives (Data Store)

Windows Server 2012 R2

Use my home builds to run a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain.  Most of my family in the area is connected to it via site-to-site VPN (through pfsense) - 7 "sites" in total.  It is a simple setup, but has been enormously beneficial, educationally speaking. 

Nice! I was thinking of setting up a family domain for my house. Setup a few different things. I think it'd be fun!

I just racked 30 DL560s, and 30 Full Blades. I know it doesn't count :(

Nice! I was thinking of setting up a family domain for my house. Setup a few different things. I think it'd be fun!

I don't know what has came in but if I was to guess, next week I'll be racking up an HP P2000 with 4 expansions and an HP Blade enclosure but again, not sure on how many blades but I believe we are buying in the G9's. Once we complete the first phase of this build of the DC we'll transfer the VMs and move out the other 2 SANs (Same Spec) and 2 x Blade systems (mostly G8's) with around 25-30 blades spread between them.

Going to be a pretty interesting few months ahead. 

I don't know what has came in but if I was to guess, next week I'll be racking up an HP P2000 with 4 expansions and an HP Blade enclosure but again, not sure on how many blades but I believe we are buying in the G9's. Once we complete the first phase of this build of the DC we'll transfer the VMs and move out the other 2 SANs (Same Spec) and 2 x Blade systems (mostly G8's) with around 25-30 blades spread between them.

Going to be a pretty interesting few months ahead. 

I'm switching DCs on Monday. I'm currently in a Boeing DC, but the team here is absolutely ****. I was hired for rack n stack, and configuration. I do all that, Monitoring, troubleshooting, and the best part is, I get to tell SAs to fix their ****, when I don't even know whats wrong with it! I'm moving to the Intuit DC that's next door.  Higher pay, better hours, etc.

I've installed 30 c7000 Enclosures in a night before, that BLOWS.