An Extended Wifi Mutual Authentication Mechanism Project

Dear all,

I am a student majoring in security and my prof. asks me to implement an extended wifi mutual authentication mechanism. However, I have no idea. I wish that someone could help me.

This mutual authentication has to implement following requirements.

1) A server carries a server certificate and a user has a personal certificate. The mutual authentication in fact is to authenticate both certificates. Maybe I should use EAP/TLS in the project.

2) The user's personal certificate is a little different from general X509 certificate. There should be an attribute stored a hashed value (hashed password) in the certificate.

3) When starting the mutual authentication, just like general wifi authentication, the user has to type in his account and password. Then, he will request a server certificate from server and verify it. Next, the server will do the similar way to request a personal certificate from the user. However, a difference is that the server will hash the password the user has typed in and compare with that in the personal certificate. If they are identical, the authentication is done.

Now, I have no idea how to set up such a server to do this kind of authentication and how to generate such a certificate that contains a hashed password. If above are done, how could I program to implement comparing a hashed value in certificate with a password typed in.

Thanks all!

David

WPA-Enterprise. That's all you're getting from me!

yep have to agree with that, you are majority in security yet you seem to fail the basics of 802.11 wireless authentication.

it baffles me how people come here 1st yet they don't bother to google the basics. I have never been to uni or have a degree

but i can do what you prof is asking, good luck with the rest of the course dude.

also no sure if serious or the OP is just trolling from the user name id say yes.

• Like 1