Set up your own FREE for 1 year VPN on Amazon Cloud

https://www.webdigi.co.uk/blog/2015/how-to-setup-your-own-private-secure-free-vpn-on-the-amazon-aws-cloud-in-10-minutes/

So, we all know the benefits of using a VPN like privacy, anonymity, unblocking websites, security, overcoming geographical restrictions and so on. However, it has always been hard to trust a VPN provider who could potentially log and intercept your internet traffic! Launching a private VPN server will give us the best of what a VPN truly offers. This guide will walk you through all the steps to running your own VPN server in about 10 minutes.

What part of the world do you come out of when you do this?

Depends which region you select.  There are a few to choose from when setting it up.

The question is; what's the cost after 1 year? From what I can see, it doesn't tell you. Or at least I missed it.

Honestly, I don't know how I would use this, I do a lot of downloading. Guess I'm not sure about how a VPN is used, haha.

Its that year after year after year - there is not some special limited offer for new users like you get from an ISP 1st year $19 a month, $79 a month after, etc..

Sorry BD but from all of our PMs its clear you don't know know much about anything to do with computers or IT at all ;)

Also this is a VPS, not a specific vpn deal or sale.  You can do whatever you would do with any computer/server connected to the internet.  I run apache on them with smokeping for example monitoring stuff, I mostly use them as just ssh boxes so I can test stuff from other parts of the globe other than just schaumburg ;)

Using them as a vpn is just one of the 1000's of things you could do with a vps - and the fact that its only 6$ makes it a toy anyone can afford ;)

Now they don't have ipv6 support so if you need that you will need different one - I have another company I use that is $15 a year for low end vps that has full ipv6 support, etc.  And comes with more bandwidth per month - 500GB I believe, etc.

Its that year after year after year - there is not some special limited offer for new users like you get from an ISP 1st year $19 a month, $79 a month after, etc..

Sorry BD but from all of our PMs its clear you don't know know much about anything to do with computers or IT at all ;)

Also this is a VPS, not a specific vpn deal or sale.  You can do whatever you would do with any computer/server connected to the internet.  I run apache on them with smokeping for example monitoring stuff, I mostly use them as just ssh boxes so I can test stuff from other parts of the globe other than just schaumburg ;)

Using them as a vpn is just one of the 1000's of things you could do with a vps - and the fact that its only 6$ makes it a toy anyone can afford ;)

Now they don't have ipv6 support so if you need that you will need different one - I have another company I use that is $15 a year for low end vps that has full ipv6 support, etc.  And comes with more bandwidth per month - 500GB I believe, etc.

I know a lot, but not everything. I'm in a whole new world, one that I'm not sure I should even be in.

It's interesting. I'll look into it more.

Harsh, but truthful as always, BudMan.

BD also notice the ;) I was just having a bit of morning fun at your expense ;)

I felt I could do that after the multiple page PM threads that we have running.. BTW made a shepard's pie the other day, took some pics can add to our food thread when I get a chance and send you the recipe. Its more of a fall/winter meal - but found some fantastic looking lamb and was perfect for a stew or pie.

Thanks for those links mr. budman ive been using azure running linux servers in, but I might play around with that company you posted also

I have 2 other companies I have vps with that are 12 a year and 15 a year.. Also really really CHEAP!! PM if you want those companies.

BD also notice the ;) I was just having a bit of morning fun at your expense ;)

I felt I could do that after the multiple page PM threads that we have running.. BTW made a shepard's pie the other day, took some pics can add to our food thread when I get a chance and send you the recipe. Its more of a fall/winter meal - but found some fantastic looking lamb and was perfect for a stew or pie.

No worries, I know you're messin' with me. I've gotten used to the cacti pokes ;) I joke with my family about my sister being like a cactus. Loving her is like hugging a cactus, it hurts at first but eventually you get used to it. Haha.

I have 2 other companies I have vps with that are 12 a year and 15 a year.. Also really really CHEAP!! PM if you want those companies.

It's 7:30AM here, and I Google Image searched Shepherds Pie. Now I'm hungry! :( Toss me both those links. I'm finding all these amazing things to play with!