Cat7 Cables - Uhhh... what ?

I always use cat6.

1. I have long runs in my house. and pushing 180mb connection through 300ft of cable plus more.

2. there is interference from everything in my area. wifi,sat,microwave.vacuums,cell phone,cell phone tower, and the list go on.

dont really use the wifi in my house.  every channel has interference causing random speeds.

if it's digital audio, and it more then likely is if its going over Ethernet... cat 5 vs cat5e vs cat6 vs cat7  it literally will all sound the same.. because what audio file requires 1Gbps+ to run that would want a higher bandwidth that a cat6 or cat7 would get you?

I've heard the difference is cat7 is fully shielded so doesn't interfere with the rest of your audio setup, it doesn't really have anything to do with any other aspects of the cable.

This particular thread is poorly titled.  I can get cat7 for a hell of a lot cheaper than that.

CAT5e is sufficient for 1Gbps. CAT6 is needed for 10Gbps and CAT7 will support 100Gbps.

I might be wrong with this but , as I know , over my country , 1 Gbps has reached the local maximum speed point , so CAT5 is enough .

I've heard the difference is cat7 is fully shielded so doesn't interfere with the rest of your audio setup, it doesn't really have anything to do with any other aspects of the cable.

This particular thread is poorly titled.  I can get cat7 for a hell of a lot cheaper than that.

LOL Next time I create a thread that is simply for humor - I'll be sure to consult everyone on picking a proper title.

As far as cat7 for cheaper.... everyone knows you can get it cheaper - that wasnt the point.

And FWIW - maybe you think its poorly titled because you are infering something into the thread, or misunderstood the meaning of the thread - everyone else seemed to know the point.

But you get free shipping. I don't see how that's not a solid deal.

"Diamond"... "Solid"... I see what you did there. :shiftyninja:

The best part are the reviews and Q&A. LOL

I read a few... Wow, they paid the price and gloated about free shipping... like THAT really mattered?  :/

I read a few... Wow, they paid the price and gloated about free shipping... like THAT really mattered?  :/

I am pretty sure they were all fake reviews meant to be funny...

• Like 3

And FWIW - maybe you think its poorly titled because you are infering something into the thread, or misunderstood the meaning of the thread - everyone else seemed to know the point.

I would apologize for missing the joke but it was too stupid to be funny.

And not in the Jokes section.

Nyah.  :)

I have cat 8 cables for a mere $25,000.   The ink at the top right of the 8 labeled on the cable is really a manufacturer defect.  Some silly people think it's really a 6 with an ink mark to make it an 8.....ahh, some folks, I tell ya.

So, who wants to buy??!!! 

I happen to see alot of sites with CAT5 cabling that are really CAT5, not CAT5e. I guess even that the spec was updated, people weren't :)

Let's update the people then , it's a critical requirement .  :laugh:

Expensive cables are much better than the cheaper ones

Cheap Cable - 101010

Expensive Cable - 101010

as you can see above, the expensive cable has better 1s and 0s

a few months ago I bought Cat-8 cable to future proof myself

Expensive cables are much better than the cheaper ones

Cheap Cable - 101010

Expensive Cable - 101010

as you can see above, the expensive cable has better 1s and 0s

a few months ago I bought Cat-8 cable to future proof myself

Huh , the both got the same 1s and 0s ...
Joking , right ?

No no, you didn't read the q and a.  This cable is loaded with more 0's and can pass 1's around bends easier.  You bend the cable too much, the ones get stuck because they are like a stick, the 0's though they are more ergonomic and can travel through the cable without getting stuck around the bends.

yes, I am joking......i bought cat 9

Happy to know that . 

No no, you didn't read the q and a.  This cable is loaded with more 0's and can pass 1's around bends easier.  You bend the cable too much, the ones get stuck because they are like a stick, the 0's though they are more ergonomic and can travel through the cable without getting stuck around the bends.

You've just made my day with this one , thanks .