What's the best company for selling software/scripts online?

Hi,

I'm looking for a website or a service that will allow me to sell softwares online. I will also need to have a license key system, so my products can make an API call to verify the key and if all is well, it should activate itself.

In the past I've installed shopping carts, installed plugins, payment processors, etc on my own website but now things have changed and I just don't have the time to maintain a shopping cart or apply changes when the payment processors change their system.

Have you used any such service before? Any company you recommend?

You could try http://codecanyon.net/, I have purchased some things from another site under the Envato umbrella and they appear to support licence keys for purchases, i don't know if you can use that in your product however, it's usually for support.

You could try http://codecanyon.net/, I have purchased some things from another site under the Envato umbrella and they appear to support licence keys for purchases, i don't know if you can use that in your product however, it's usually for support.

That's a great suggestion! I've used codecanyon before as a customer but I can certainly see the benefits of using their service. The added bonus of using their service will be the marketplace!

That's a great suggestion! I've used codecanyon before as a customer but I can certainly see the benefits of using their service. The added bonus of using their service will be the marketplace!

Indeed, you will certainly get your product in font of a good audience.

This popular Magento theme for example has been purchased 12,288 times, at $99 that's well over $1 million in sales.

Really does make me wish I was a good designer or programmer when I see things like that!