Casual games to play while watching series

So, from time to time I like to relax by playing casual games while watching a few episodes of a sit-com or another casual series.

Examples could be Game Dev Tycoon, the old (but good!) Championship Manager 01/02.

Basically, games that I can play that doesn't require my full attention and that can ideally be played in windowed mode.

Any ideas? :)

Hearthstone, Plants Vs Zombies, WarCraft 3 (Single Player), Cut The Rope, Where's my water?, Bad Piggies

Cities is a great game, yes!

Hearthstone wasn't really for me.. PvZ has been played to death, as has WC3. The other games are a bit too casual..

I know, it's hard to explain. :)

I'm not sure what works in a window as I don't do that but I also tend to play games while I watch TV.

The games I play are always turn-based-strategy games so it doesn't matter if I ignore the game for periods of time.

I do this on my laptop which has low specs (it's several years old now) so the games I play tend to be lower end/older games like Civ IV, The Banner Saga, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, and Age of Wonders 3.

Thanks, look like Age of Wonders 3 is getting a shot! :)

Gog.com has the whole series DRM-free if you don't already have them. ;)

Just a fun note... AoW 3 was partially funded by Notch of Minecraft fame.

Source

It's a nice game as long as you don't expect too much. I've seen better and far worse in the genre. Definitely worth a buy if you can find it around 20$.

Source

Cool! Hopefully there'll be time tomorrow to give it the good old rundown!

I entered this thread to recommend this. Completely turn based, make sure to play it with classic style turns.

Source

Much better to get it on Steam as there it has complete support, whereas the GOG version is butchered down to guest-like functionality.

I'm going to mention EVE Online because in certain aspects, it can be very casual but it's very niche, not many people can get into it.

family guy the quest for stuff, its boring as hell and there is no real end goal other than tinyco to encourage you to spend ludicrous amounts of real money on "coins and clams"

agar.io

You're a cell that follows your mouse pointer to eat other cells or be eaten by other cells. You can split in 2 to get a high-speed surprise attack on another cell (but do it wrong and you've just donated half of yourself to them) and you can eject mass that other cells can eat (and maybe take as "be my friend, don't eat me" signals).

And that is it. It's quite addictive in its simplicity.

• 2 months later...

Well i love doing this when i'm watching TV series, especially if i'm catching up so bad like tv series were already running for 10 years. I'd love to farm on Rohan Blood Feud while watching series. Believe it or not i'm kinda stressed on supernatural but i love the show. haha