How much does your local Cinema charge?

In the town i live in (Small town) tickets are $13 for a standard movie. In the Big town near us with the better theater tickets are $17

The last movie I saw in theaters was Guardians of the Galaxy (I had a free ticket)

Just looked:

VIP (18+) :  20.00$
3D:  18.00$
Regular: 16.25$

That's Cineplex here in Alberta Canada

$24 AU standard movie
$26 AU 3d standard movie
$28 AU 3d standard in better theatre
$120 AU for 'the works' - gold class - wine/beer, free popcorn etc. 

all prices for adult

Haven't been in ages, but just checked online for the closet one, for a showing of Jurassic World it's $8.84+7% sales tax that's for everyone :s 

Now for a movie that's been running for awhile it's only $4.99+7% sales tax

Also checked the smaller chain (regal) and they are charging $7.80+7% sales tax, I know that there are some independent ones in the city, but I've never been to them.

Cinema prices can be so high. I've started to visit the cinema more recently because I've been able to get discount on tickets from work (around 40% depending on the day)

At the local Cineworld, it makes tickets

I go to a drive in near me. 2 movies in a ticket and all the food you want for $25. They charge the car and not per person. Also can bring our dog.

You guys still have those? I thought they went out of fashion along with the rest of the 1950's... :p

Depends on:

• Time of day: During the week, tickets are cheapest in the mornings, usually US$1.5-2, and can go up to about US$ 5 for the late night show.
  • Day of the week: Weekend tickets usually cost about 2x more than weekday tickets, especially the late afternoon/late evening shows
  • 3D/IMAX, etc: 3D surcharge is usually about 50 cents, whereas IMAX tickets are usually around US$ 7-12.

You guys still have those? I thought they went out of fashion along with the rest of the 1950's... :p

We still have a drive in where I am at also, and it's pretty popular

• 2 weeks later...