developing a feedback app/function, how to?

Question

I like the feedback app in Win10. I was wondering if I have a website application and want to receive feedback, can I develop a feedback feature like the Win10 app with option to take screenshot or video?

Does it have to be hard coded or could it be a web service of some kind?

1 answer to this question

I like the feedback app in Win10. I was wondering if I have a website application and want to receive feedback, can I develop a feedback feature like the Win10 app with option to take screenshot or video?

Does it have to be hard coded or could it be a web service of some kind?

Totally up to you.  There are a tonne of ways to do it.   WebService is probably easiest for doing file uploads and such as you could just stream a byte array.   You could also just write a PHP Based model in the back that takes post data.  Have your application just run a post request to your PHP Page with the appropriate post data.  You could even write the whole thing as web based, and have your application just use a web browser control and display your site (and add in your functionality).  It's a pretty simple thing to do, it's just a matter of getting your data from A -> B how you use it/store it doesn't really matter.