August 2015 Desktops

[snip]

Hi, can you link whatever that system info you got running on the right of that screen? I like the look of that! :)

Went and removed some unneeded details from explorer :p

Haha, that looks nice actually! How did you get the sidebar to show folder icons instead of this?

Schermafdruk_2015-08-03_12.06.25.thumb.j

Edit: Come to think it, my whole sidebar shows flat icons instead of those 3D ones.

Edited by Jeroen S.

Last month, I posted a screenshot of Windows 7 saying I didnt really like how Windows 10 turned up. After reading some reviews I thought I give it a one more shot. It took me hours to configure it to my liking (none of the modern app things are there except Edge, not even Store, some privacy settings etc...) and I think I can finally say that despite some bugs and UI/UX mess, I can at least use the OS. So I encourage all of you to give Windows 10 another look and actually take some time to make it to your liking. I did, and I'm happy.

Running on HP 840 G1:

Desktop:

desktop.thumb.png.0c6dd30703fb7fbe0d0cab

Start menu/screen

start.thumb.png.084eb967922d77e810d05322

Yeah, its very basic looking, but thats how I like my computer, nothing fancy. Some might say dull and gray, but oh well... at least I like it, eh?

• Like 2

Have you tried installing the ex-audio driver you had?

I haven't touched any audio drivers. Windows automatically detected the sound card and installed the proper drivers. Sound seems to be working fine.

I haven't touched any audio drivers. Windows automatically detected the sound card and installed the proper drivers. Sound seems to be working fine.

Does it give you the option of redirecting headphones/changing bits' rate?

Haha, that looks nice actually! How did you get the sidebar to show folder icons instead of this?

Schermafdruk_2015-08-03_12.06.25.thumb.j

Edit: Come to think it, my whole sidebar shows flat icons instead of those 3D ones.

Quite simple, I got a 3840x2160p screen which picks the 16*200%=32px icons instead of 16px icons on 200% scaling.

You removed the ribbon menu also right? How?

Used ribbondisabler from winaero.ccom and got rid of the commandbar/folderband by editing the shellstyle.dll.

• Like 2

I haven't done one of these in a long time. Love Win10!

Wallpaper From: http://wallpaperswide.com/windows_10-desktop-wallpapers.html

desktop-8-1-2015.jpg

Question: When you put the taskbar at the top of the screen, where does the open-application "hightlight" go? (the thin blue line that marks a taskbar item as open) Does it go on the bottom of the taskbar, or does it go on the top next to the edge of the screen?

Does Windows 10 finally give native support for mul

Quite simple, I got a 3840x2160p screen which picks the 16*200%=32px icons instead of 16px icons on 200% scaling.

Was afraid this was the case, haha! Too bad it's not possible to force those folder icons without scaling. Loving the clean UI you managed to get though!