Clean reinstall Windows 10 after activation from HDD to SSD

Hello,
    I have my desktop successfully upgraded from Windows 8.1 pro to Windows 10 Pro.
Windows is activated and running without issues but it is running on mechanincal HDD.
I would like to perform a clean install to a brand new SSD on the same desktop and startover.
I don't want to clone the drive from HDD to SSD. 

Here is what I've done so far. 
Have my windows 8.1 product keys
Obtained and ran the script to pull the windows 10 key after activation as recommended in some forums.

Question is if I reinstall using the ISO or USB key on to SSD on the same desktop
will it activate without issues? Will changing the hard drive trigger the 
activation check? My system is a Dell XPS8700 btw.

Any idea?

TIA

Should be no problem at all.  In fact, when prompted for your product key, simply skip it in the Windows 10 setup.  When you finally log in, your Windows 10 installation will be activated.  

Actually, if you're really concerned, just install the SSD, then clone the HDD Windows installation onto the SSD and boom, you're good to go.

Should be no problem at all.  In fact, when prompted for your product key, simply skip it in the Windows 10 setup.  When you finally log in, your Windows 10 installation will be activated.  

Actually, if you're really concerned, just install the SSD, then clone the HDD Windows installation onto the SSD and boom, you're good to go.

Yep, this. I was super confused on how this work but it seems that the product key field is only for a Windows 10 retail license key. If you are upgrading, or have already upgraded you skip that and it uses your MS ID to activate. AmI right guys?

Yep, this. I was super confused on how this work but it seems that the product key field is only for a Windows 10 retail license key. If you are upgrading, or have already upgraded you skip that and it uses your MS ID to activate. AmI right guys?

I'm not sure if it's your Microsoft ID, or simply a hash based on the hardware used during the install.  In any event, HDDs and SSDs don't make up part of that unique Hardware ID, so you can change them willy-nilly.

This has probably already been answered somewhere but is it necessary to do the in place upgrade before doing a clean install with the downloadable ISO? I read some debates over whether you could simply download the iso and use your Windows 8.1 key to activate it.

Not a good move. If the mechanical drive doesn't support advanced format (most mechanical drives don't) you'll end up with misaligned partitions.

Not a good move. If the mechanical drive doesn't support advanced format (most mechanical drives don't) you'll end up with misaligned partitions.

Really?  I've done this twice and had no problems whatsoever

If it's one of the newer SATA III drives (the 2+ TB drives) you're usually alright, but with older drives I wouldn't recommend doing it.