Windows 10 RSAT Released

• ARGH! :)

• Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10 is available only in English (United States) for this release. If you are running Windows 10 in a language that is not English (United States), be sure that you have installed the English (United States) language pack before you install Remote Server Administration Tools. To install the language pack, on the Start screen, click Settings. ClickTime and language, click Region and language, and then click Add a language. Click English, and then select English (United States). When you are finished, close the Settings dialog box. 

• Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10 is available only in English (United States) for this release. If you are running Windows 10 in a language that is not English (United States), be sure that you have installed the English (United States) language pack before you install Remote Server Administration Tools. To install the language pack, on the Start screen, click Settings. ClickTime and language, click Region and language, and then click Add a language. Click English, and then select English (United States). When you are finished, close the Settings dialog box. 

See, thats my problem.  Only thing i have installed is the english pack and still wont work. 

Oh, we're back to installing English (United States) again to get the install to actually install? No helpful message in the package about this? More of the same again.

This is messed up. I DLed RSAT on my Windows 8 system and copied it over to my Win10.  RSAT would not install properly.  So I DLed it from my Win10 system and then it installed just fine. 

It's working fine for me on Insider build 10525.  I like the fact that it now installs with all features already enabled.  You no longer have to go through the Turn Windows Features On or Off process.  (Y)

• 2 weeks later...

See, thats my problem.  Only thing i have installed is the english pack and still wont work. 

Indeed... did you change your default language to US then try install?? I changed mine from UK to US... but ran out of time ... have not tried the install yet.. will be giving it a go this weekend...

Wow, really? That's probably the worst and least helpful thing I've seen MS do in a long time, require you to have the damn US language pack, what a joke.

Indeed... did you change your default language to US then try install?? I changed mine from UK to US... but ran out of time ... have not tried the install yet.. will be giving it a go this weekend...

Yea, had tried that.  What I had to do was download RSAT from the PC I was installing it on.  I DLed it from a Win8 machine a few different times and would not install correctly.  Downloaded it directly on the Win10 machine, and it installed fine

Yea, had tried that.  What I had to do was download RSAT from the PC I was installing it on.  I DLed it from a Win8 machine a few different times and would not install correctly.  Downloaded it directly on the Win10 machine, and it installed fine

Makes me wonder if you were getting the right version downloaded from Windows 8, maybe it was just the Win8 version and that's why it wouldn't work on 10?   Did they look like the same version or the Windows 10 specific version when you downloaded them on your Windows 8 PCs? 

Makes me wonder if you were getting the right version downloaded from Windows 8, maybe it was just the Win8 version and that's why it wouldn't work on 10?   Did they look like the same version or the Windows 10 specific version when you downloaded them on your Windows 8 PCs? 

Same site I DLed it from...same file name...same package size.  Odd, I know.

I hope we can get a non gimped version of RSAT in the future with support for WDS NPS and DHCP roles. Considering theres a non supported method to enable the WDS console on clients i cant understand why its not present in RSAT.