Windows 10 Creating Multiple TAP-Win32 Ethernet Connections?

I've seen boards with dual gigabit lan, but never one with 4 ports

You using a server board or something???

Ok joking aside, (AND Assuming you have an install media for what I'm about to suggest) Have you tried completely disconnecting the rig from your internet? (Then throwing the whole thing out of the window? another joke)
And uninstalling ALL Ethernet and wifi drivers, including delete drivers, and restarting your rig? And re installing?

I've seen boards with dual gigabit lan, but never one with 4 ports

You using a server board or something???

Ok joking aside, (AND Assuming you have an install media for what I'm about to suggest) Have you tried completely disconnecting the rig from your internet? (Then throwing the whole thing out of the window? another joke)
And uninstalling ALL Ethernet and wifi drivers, including delete drivers, and restarting your rig? And re installing?

Ok I've uninstalled & reinstalled. I'll see if that keeps them away.

The TAP driver is VPN related I believe (Tunnel Adapter Protocol or something.)

I see. Though I don't use any VPN.

I see. Though I don't use any VPN.

Virtual machines?  I know Virtualbox installs a bunch of virtual adapters but I don't remember which.  (As far as I know all VM software does, but anyway.)

Edited by randomevent

Virtual machines?  I know Virtualbox installs a bunch of virtual adapters but I don't remember which.  (As far as I know all VM software does, but anyway.)

I don't have any installed currently, although I did have virtualbox installed, but uninstalled it prior to upgrading to Windows 10.

I don't have any installed currently, although I did have virtualbox installed, but uninstalled it prior to upgrading to Windows 10.

That still might be it.  VBoxes networking was a pain and why I won't ever be using it again.

I can't say I remember the best way to get rid of it, sadly.

can we see your device manager listing.. Do you have anything installed like logmein that might use a vpn interface?

• 5 months later...